"Ad Sona"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freeloader2007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

My friend firmly beilives that ad sona is way strong than normal suport sona. he builds tier 3 boots, a manamuna and sheen then just builds lilke a normal suport -_-* its anoying as hell and ive told him multiple reasons why it wouldnt work:

1. he needs kills to get the gold for the items but he says that all of it comes from his "assists"
2. We need a suport in team fights, not anouther ad carry
3. he wont have important items such as sherlia's (he argues his character already has a speed boost) and situational items that a suport would normally build

i just need some input to know if i'm crazy or not, and why do we have suports build they way they do? i just want some more expirianced playes advice please ^_^

Wolfalisk

01-26-2012

Unless you're playing at high levels, it's probably better that he is working in some damage into his build. Sona often gets a tear anyway, and Sheen is an amazing item on her. As long as he is working in wards and support items in-between Manamune and Sheen, I would leave him alone about it.

Tyrang

01-26-2012

"Manamune and Sheen"

What? If he is buying wards and oracles like any good support does, he will not have money for any other items.

She doesnt really need tear, just get philo-stone. U get mana regen and gold/5.

Freeloader2007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

so its alright for him to be building damage? i'm just so used to watching these high elo players build normally and with gp/5 and good suport items

OmniOmega

01-26-2012

If he's doing his job, he shouldn't have money for damage items. Between wards and oracles and aura items and leaving the creeps to the carries, he should be pretty poor.

vulgarwolf

01-26-2012

nothing worse than people complaining about sona getting a little bit of gold...more damage with her Q...more heal with her W..doesnt increase speed for E, but increases damage with her R

Cenerae

01-26-2012

Well, AD Sona does work, though your friend's build is quite frankly, garbage. If you're going to do that, go zerkers, trinity force and standard AD items. It won't be quite as effective as a real carry, but it's sort of viable. You probably wouldn't want to do it in serious games but for casual play it's pretty fine.

But going partway (and with bad items) and then going with a support build is a waste of a slot on your team.

Dracones Vitae

01-27-2012

Came in here looking for a good discussion as I have seen a not bad AD Sona and thought this guy is fun doing something out of "meta". Then I come here and see people going way off topic talking about getting philo and "extra damage". The thread was about AD sona not Support sona with "extra damage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Well, AD Sona does work, though your friend's build is quite frankly, garbage. If you're going to do that, go zerkers, trinity force and standard AD items. It won't be quite as effective as a real carry, but it's sort of viable. You probably wouldn't want to do it in serious games but for casual play it's pretty fine.

But going partway (and with bad items) and then going with a support build is a waste of a slot on your team.
This is the first post actually on topic. GJ. Also yeah trinity force and zerkers is how the guy I saw play AD Sona. He took mid and had like 20 kills at the end. but late game he fell off hard even with the feed. So I think AD Sona isn't good as we almost lost without a good carry. So to me:

Support Sona > AD Sona Late game

Early and mid game AD Sona > Support Sona.

I based that only on one game though.

THE TUBSHARK

02-05-2012

You're crazy.

I carried 2 accounts to gold with ad sona. And yes, she works great as a support as well, because of her insane early game burst. She's probably even better than standard support sona in some circumstances, like when you lane with an offensive/bursty ad carry.

acosn

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrang View Post
"Manamune and Sheen"

What? If he is buying wards and oracles like any good support does, he will not have money for any other items.

She doesnt really need tear, just get philo-stone. U get mana regen and gold/5.
At most you need two wards to have proper vision of your lane and the gank channels.

And then if you want to bring your jungle in a pink ward to counter ward your opponent.

This isn't that expensive.

If you do not buy gear for your support you become useless. I cant emphasize this enough when I see yet another support that by 20 minutes has amassed a nice collection of GP5 items and can't do a **** thing because they went bankrupt buying into wards and oracles elixers they didn't even need! You need one ward to cover your lane, and a second to cover dragon, that's it. If the enemy team is pushing too aggressively you only need one for dragon, if any at all, and you don't even need to think about counter-warding unless you want to bring in your jungle (which you should be doing, but that's not to say having him sit top or mid is a bad idea).

AD sona's generally a bad idea. The short answer is that your best mileage with Sona is found via mixing aura items and CDR with AP on the side.