Nashor's Thread Plug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
To take out the mana would make it too easy for AD casters to max their CDR without wasting money. I'm pretty sure there is a reason why only four CDR items without mana/regen exist.
They already can with existing items. Also, AD casters don't actually want AS. It would still be strictly for champions like Kayle, Jax, Skarner, Teemo, etc.

Basoosh

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
To take out the mana would make it too easy for AD casters to max their CDR without wasting money. I'm pretty sure there is a reason why only four CDR items without mana/regen exist.
Even without the MP5, are there a lot of AD casters that want 65 AP and the bonus AS? I dunno, it's such a quirky and niche item. It's a 'maybe' for about 5 champions in the game, and a resounding no for the rest.

ImCoolerOnline

01-27-2012

Lol Ive been building this item all of the time on Jax lately and it is great. Nashors, Rylais and tanky items and you are set with hug CDR for jumping into a bettler killing someone getting focused then jumping back out (assuming you planned accordingly) I need to try it on kog I think somewhere right around 65 Ap gives u 1% more dmg on his W so with a few runes, you could plan it out perfectly.

Kiddalee

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
They already can with existing items. Also, AD casters don't actually want AS. It would still be strictly for champions like Kayle, Jax, Skarner, Teemo, etc.
They can use the mana.

brossef

01-27-2012

only people i would buy it for are fizz or kayle

Phourc

01-28-2012

Yeah, I think that's the main one that gets me: Attackspeed and AP.

What it really comes down to is if you're buying AP, you're not doing it to do damage with autoattacks.

Swinging faster is awesome, but AP doesn't make your swings do more damage (outside of very few champs) - so you have to buy a seperate AD or onhit item to make it really worth anything.

Kayle or Jax don't really do that much with AP on a swing, Kayle gets 20% of her AP on each swing, Jax gets 70% every 3 swings - averaging out to 23% per swing. Fizz does a little better - 35% on an active (50% uptime so we could make the case for 17.5%) - but he's not set up to sit around and trade blows for the whole time - meaning the attackspeed is fairly wasted on him.

Cho'gath is probably THE very best off with Nashor's - Vorpal spikes does a respectable 30% of AP damage and can hit multiple targets, the AP is middlingly useful and the CDR is very beneficial to his Ult cooldown - but it's a lot of money on something that doesn't give health or other defenses for a Cho.

Now, the cost for AP is about half of the cost for AD (Longsword - 10 AD - 415g, Amp Tome - 20 AP- 435g), BUT IF YOU DO A FIFTH OF YOUR AP PER SWING BUILDING AD INSTEAD IS TWO AND A HALF TIMES THE COST EFFECTIVENESS. Most hybrid characters can also benefit BEYOND just autoattacks from AD to boot.

Other hybrid attackspeed items (Wit's End, Malady, Ionic) get around this by giving you a magical stat that increases JUST your autoattack damage and thus doesn't break scaling in other directions. I'm thinking Nashor's would need that - you could even add some cost back in - before it would be actually appealing to hybrid autoattackers.

Phrixscreoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
I use it on Orianna along with Malady. I used to run Zerker Greaves too, but CDR boots + Nashor's = 40% CDR, and Ori definitely needs CDR. Mp/5 helps her from ooming all the time and AS and AP...dat passive...
Hey cool, someone else who builds it with Orianna! *highfive*

Tho76

01-28-2012

Would it be good on Corki? He benefits from all that.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Is it wrong for me think this item would look good on AP Ez?

AP - Check
CDR - Check
MP5 - Check
AS - Check even though it's not super important.

Kiddalee

01-28-2012

Nice to know I'm giving some people inspiration. I never expected this thread to survive this long. Also, Taric.