I hate /surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stockpile

07-20-2010

aptwo, of course there was that one time when the moon and the stars aligned and you made the ultimate come back. It was sooo fun wasn't it and you will remember that game forever. Why will you remember that feeling forever, because its rare. Yes, there is that 1 in 100 games where you make the miracle comeback because the other team really screws up or a random disconnect occurs. However, as you begin to get better and play tougher opponents, those rare wins become rarer. Why? Because these tougher opponents don't make these mistakes. They continue to stomp you into submission which usually leads to finger pointing and arguing amongst team members, followed by the other team telling you how much you suck.

07-20-2010

When you're in solo queue and one of your team has ragequit and the rest are running around like headless chickens waiting for 25mins, yeah its time to /surrender.

CupcakeRaptorr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Well people in the game don't realize that when the other team is winning every fight, has every one of their towers still alive, and your team has 6 towers down that it is pretty unlikely your going to come back. Every time there is the one guy. "OMG WHY SURRENDER NOOB WE GOT THIS I'M 3-2 POSITIVE RECORD YO."

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

i've come back from games where our inhibitors were destroyed and they had double our kills. It felt real good to win those.

but i played a 3v5 today, and that was no fun at all. Surrender is best option there.

aptwo

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockpile View Post
aptwo, of course there was that one time when the moon and the stars aligned and you made the ultimate come back. It was sooo fun wasn't it and you will remember that game forever. Why will you remember that feeling forever, because its rare. Yes, there is that 1 in 100 games where you make the miracle comeback because the other team really screws up or a random disconnect occurs. However, as you begin to get better and play tougher opponents, those rare wins become rarer. Why? Because these tougher opponents don't make these mistakes. They continue to stomp you into submission which usually leads to finger pointing and arguing amongst team members, followed by the other team telling you how much you suck.
You're wrong, I've been in many games where my team make great comebacks from a losing game or vice versa.. too bad LoL doesn't have the save replay option or else I would have evidences to back up my claims .

TechnMage

07-20-2010

it depends on the teams and how bad we're losing, lots of the time if you have anyone who is dps carry like, if you get one lucky team fight, either picking them off one after another or w.e. you can push into their base and take out the nexus in one go, making a win out of what seemed unwinnable

Stockpile

07-20-2010

Outfoxxed just proved my point. You remember those few games, because they are so few. After playing hundreds of games, you can start to identify games you can win and can't win within 25 minutes, especially as you climb the ladder.

aptwo

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockpile View Post
Outfoxxed just proved my point. You remember those few games, because they are so few. After playing hundreds of games, you can start to identify games you can win and can't win within 25 minutes, especially as you climb the ladder.

It wasn't just a few games that we make great comebacks it was many games. out of the 300 games I've played about 30% of it. Either winning a losing game or losing a winning game.

Stockpile

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptwo View Post
You're wrong, I've been in many games where my team make great comebacks from a losing game or vice versa.. too bad LoL doesn't have the save replay option or else I would have evidences to back up my claims .
I'm not wrong, i'm telling you that these come backs happen less and less as you move up the elo bracket. I'm not doubting that you had these wins, we all have. But most people can identify a bad team within 25+ minutes, and make a sound decision about there chances of winning and whether or not continue.