I hate /surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aptwo

07-20-2010

90% of the game I've played people just /surrender when ever they get the chance.. WTF is that? if you going to give up that fast why the hell even play? just go uninstall the **** game already geesh.

Pie Slice

07-20-2010

I hate it too when I play tryndamere, I just can't stand to end the game at 25min with a 0/0/0 score...

St0p Hammertime

07-20-2010

I hate you for not using it when it is needed.

/surrender should be used when it is clear your team is fighting a losing battle; not doing it, when the majority (3/2) want to play a new game or leave just leads to problems and can really become tiring. There is more chance of AFK at this point from my experience.

sleepingcold

07-20-2010

I don't know. Is your team rocking 10 TK and the other has 30? Is the opposing team 17-18 while the majority of your team is 13-14?

I don't automatically surrender, but there are times where it's just annoying to continue. If the match is somewhat close it's worth trying out. A good turnaround is all you need to have a chance at winning, but sometimes it's not even possible.

I've seen the opponent carry solo our team's attempt at ganking him. He killed 3 of our guy and was able to flee when he had low health. At that points it's pretty useless to try and put up some heroic Alamo style resistance.

Jenova Project

07-20-2010

QQ/ragerage

Stockpile

07-20-2010

I agree with Hammertime, people who don't surrender when a game is completely lost are wasting time. There is no rubber-band effect like Mario Cart where the computer will help you catch up to keep the game fun. Instead, there is a snowball effect where good players continue to get better as their itemization increase. Comebacks, although they do happen, are still fairly rare in this game. Bad teams don't usually "wise up" and begin playing cohesively. Its also usually the people who play the **** heroes and feed who are the ones that don't want to give up. Yes, we get it, you guys play for fun or have some kind of delusional never give up attitude. Better players know when to throw in the towel and move on to the next game.

aptwo

07-20-2010

No it's not a waste of time. The most joy thing I've ever experienced was winning a clearly losing game. If you don't play till the end how the hell do you know you are surely going to lose?

edit:
The only time it's logical to use /surrender is when the winning team just farm the whole game instead of finishing the game.

Festian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Well if you're 10+ kills behind and your opponents are clearly better than your teammates, then I believe a surrender is needed. I always hate it when people choose no or don't choose at all when they're REALLY bad. It's always the people with scores like 0/7/0 that choose no or don't choose.

RIP Curse Voice

07-20-2010

I think 3/2 vote should = Surrender.

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

This thread is bad and you people should feel bad.

1. Surrendering in ranked match shouldn't even really be an option other than you are outnumber or their is a feeder.

2. You can't win games you don't try. Too many times teams won't finish it and will jungle or farm. A group effort can easily win it as too many teams don't realize how easy it is to push mid and take down the nexus towers after and ace.

3. So many people want to surrender even while their team is still leading... we were behind 2 kills but up by 3 tower kills and my team wanted to surrender after one lost team fight. Its a good thing not everyone surrendered because we won that game. I had to BEG them to keep fighting. Its ridiculous how easy people lose heart in this game