A plea to reduce ban amount

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainCupcake

07-20-2010

The ban amount as it stands, seems to serve the purpose to ban annoyance as opposed to OP. The champs that are most banned are not the most OP. The champs will not stop being banned unless there they are nerfed to useless champs.

If the amount of bans is limited to 2; then the captains will have to make more careful considerations on who they really see as overpowered; as opposed to banning on a whim to free annoyance. This will also allow more champs to be played as well.

Or the possibility of random banning server side; allowing more of an influx of champs. Meanwhile the whole team could vote on champs they desired banned increasing the percentage of the server banning that champ for that game.

Or possibly let the whole team vote on champs they want banned, and the champ with the majority is banned. If all tied at 1 vote each the server side could jump in.

Either way I believe 4 bans doesn't serve to deter the overpowering. In my eyes 2 bans would be enough to serve the purpose - the banning of 4-7 champs consistently that doesn't mean the champs are overpowered.

BoFett

07-20-2010

Awwww do you play shaco?

yamers

07-20-2010

4 champs or gtfo

renticletape

07-20-2010

If banning was all about getting rid of annoyances rather than champs that are too difficult to be forced to deal with then everyone would ban eve, twitch, akali etc. What usually balances out champions that are extremely frustrating to deal with is them being sub par or very easily countered. The top bans are champions that are not only extremely frustrating to deal with, but very high or god tier in terms to team utility and much more difficult to counter.

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-20-2010

I think we have a shaco player.

Hawkeye28

07-20-2010

Wait what???? We can now ban 4-7 champs? I never get the memo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carthias

07-20-2010

shaco player?

Rhinomancer

07-20-2010

He tried really hard to justify it logically; I bet he's a Heimer player.

Also, -1.