Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr's passive's dodge removed... no compensation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1C3dR4K3

01-26-2012

With the removal of dodge, Udyr got the dodge that came with his passive removed as well. And yet there was no compensation for this. Was this intentionally done to nerf Udyr yet again, or is there some sort of buff in plan to compensate for this loss of dodge on his passive? I personally liked it a lot.

Fiskerton

01-26-2012

intentional nerf

BigDaddyDelish

01-26-2012

Riot said that the dodge removal didn't really affect his strength significantly enough to warrant buffing in other areas, especially with the new jungle.

1C3dR4K3

01-26-2012

Quote:
Digitigrade:
intentional nerf

Ah k. What's with the downvotes? It's not allowed to ask a question?

McMoosey

01-26-2012

He doesn't need compensation. He's one of the best junglers in the game and wrecks 1v1 late game still.

Phaserhawk

01-26-2012

Quote:
McMoosey:
He doesn't need compensation. He's one of the best junglers in the game and wrecks 1v1 late game still.

Agreed, but his team fights and non-jungle have suffered without the Dodge. He dies much quicker in team fights and is not as effective. Early game jungling and ganks, you're right no effect, late game teamfight he essential takes up to 25% more damage then he used to. So imagine anyone of your favorite characters that basically takes 25% more damage then they used to, that's how Udyr is now. I think he should just get a passive similar to Graves that temporarily increases his MR and AD when he changes forms, easy and perfect for him.

Grammardor

01-26-2012

Quote:
Phaserhawk:
I think he should just get a passive similar to Graves that temporarily increases his MR and AD when he changes forms, easy and perfect for him.

Giving him MR doesn't make sense. Dodge only worked with auto-attacks, primarily AD-based.
MR and Armor (which I assume you meant) is a bit of an overbuff. Armor, maybe.

JETxGREEN

01-26-2012

i don't think their is any problem with udyr just played against one yesterday and man is he a pain in the ass to kill if build right and he still does damage. But no one is a match for graves so whatevs.

McMoosey

01-26-2012

Quote:
Phaserhawk:
Agreed, but his team fights and non-jungle have suffered without the Dodge. He dies much quicker in team fights and is not as effective. Early game jungling and ganks, you're right no effect, late game teamfight he essential takes up to 25% more damage then he used to. So imagine anyone of your favorite characters that basically takes 25% more damage then they used to, that's how Udyr is now. I think he should just get a passive similar to Graves that temporarily increases his MR and AD when he changes forms, easy and perfect for him.

No, he takes damage just in auto attacks more. Build a randuins are something. More mr and that stuff would just make him more tanky then tanks yet able to out damage them too. He's solid in team fights too. Grab a ninja tabi if the auto attackers are a big threat. Without the dodge he is still very strong.

Phaserhawk

01-26-2012

Quote:
Grammardor:
Giving him MR doesn't make sense. Dodge only worked with auto-attacks, primarily AD-based.
MR and Armor (which I assume you meant) is a bit of an overbuff. Armor, maybe.

I was justing using Graves passive as an idea, true MR would be a bit much, but the Armor buff which would reduce the damage from Auto attacks would be decent and very similar to his Dodge