[GUIDE] Playing LoL on a Budget

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fate T Harlaown

07-26-2010

Nice guide for starting out, and imo good job mentioning the T1 -> T3 skip for runes, T2s really aren't worth the IP for what they do. And yes, health quints are like, god. D:

Afaik though Nunu/Amumu are tank/mages, Nunu's Q and R, and Amumu's R do a hefty amount of damage with a little bit of AP (so RoA isn't bad on either).

A Velociräptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

Nunu isn't only support or tank. Beleive it or not, I use him as a nuke/dps. I just build up 300+ AP so his last ability hits 1.5-2k damage, combined with a 400-700 damage Ice ball, he's one epic nuker. Although, his base dps sucks, Ice ball is a cheap, yet effective way to bug people, due to it's long range and slowing effect.

Savgerath

08-02-2010

Interesting way to play him. I'll add a bit more detail on Nunu and Yi just so people know what they basically do.

Edit: Heh...wrong character. Oh well ^^;;

Frostissimo

08-03-2010

Great guide. I wish it was around when I first started LoL.

A few corrections:
Cho'gath does not benefit from Armor penetration runes AT ALL. His main damage comes from Rupture/Scream, Vorpal Spikes (magic damage on attack) and true damage from feast (ignores MR and AR). And even though he's melee, he's more of a tank/caster hybrid.
Don't go around confusing new players with that, mmmmkay?

Miltus

08-03-2010

Sticky this already!

Akal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostissimo View Post
Great guide. I wish it was around when I first started LoL.

A few corrections:
Cho'gath does not benefit from Armor penetration runes AT ALL. His main damage comes from Rupture/Scream, Vorpal Spikes (magic damage on attack) and true damage from feast (ignores MR and AR). And even though he's melee, he's more of a tank/caster hybrid.
Don't go around confusing new players with that, mmmmkay?
Thanks for the feedback! I added a link to an AP Cho'Gath guide, hopefully that will help new players interested in playing him as a beefy caster. Personally, I've never built him that spec before, since usually I only play Cho when my team needs a tank. I wish I had a good tank Cho guide to suggest as well.

And thanks for the support Miltus

WaffleCorp

08-04-2010

In the free Cho Gath link, it says 0 code remaining which means we can't get the free Cho Gath skin anymore?

Akal

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deflier View Post
In the free Cho Gath link, it says 0 code remaining which means we can't get the free Cho Gath skin anymore?
At least right now you can't. I've seen them go through 3 series of codes, so they might start the give-away again. It's worth checking every few weeks anyhow.

Akal

09-10-2010

Quick bump since I've seen several new players recently, mostly because I've been on an alt helping new friends learn the game.

Sciencias preval

01-16-2011

Quick question. If we buy the boxed set for the game can we use that on an existing account or do we have to create a new account to get the characters and riot points? Also, if I bought it used would the codes be invalid because somebody already used them?