[GUIDE] Playing LoL on a Budget

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hrathgar

07-21-2010

I didn't know about the free heroes, thank you very much!

Akal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2010

Heh...I'm actually surprised that Riot doesn't advertise the Alienware giveaway more.

yellowfrog

07-23-2010

Umm, why recommend getting T1 runes but skipping T2? T2 runes are still very useable for lvl 20+. T1 runes on the other hand are basically garbage once you have access to T3.

I'm not going to replace my T2 runes I'm using now until I get full sets of other stats.

JawJaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrog View Post
Umm, why recommend getting T1 runes but skipping T2? T2 runes are still very useable for lvl 20+. T1 runes on the other hand are basically garbage once you have access to T3.

I'm not going to replace my T2 runes I'm using now until I get full sets of other stats.
because t2 is a waste of ip. get t1 then save ip to level 20 then spent them on t3.

Akal

07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawJaw View Post
because t2 is a waste of ip. get t1 then save ip to level 20 then spent them on t3.
Exactly. You go through level 10-19 quickly enough that T1's will get you by for very cheap without wasting the extra IP on T2's that you will certainly upgrade.

Har

07-24-2010

Excellent post. I'd already figured most of this stuff out, but the advice on which sets of runes to get is well taken. +1

Bonegnasher

07-24-2010

Tier one runes are a bargain: 50% as good as tier three for 10% of the price.

Anyways, great guide! +1

Alyzar

07-25-2010

You call Nunu un-versatile when he is actually one of the most versatile heroes in the game. : /

Not here to argue hero effectiveness, but I think you should refrain being biased.

Akal

07-26-2010

Is he really that versatile? I've only ever seen him built as a tank and in theory as a soft counter to Heimer. I suppose you could build him as primary support instead, but then why wouldn't you use one of the excellent 450 IP support champs?

paij

07-26-2010

Another great thing to notice is that champion prices fluctuate from week to week.

other than that it was a great guide