Who counters Cho'Gath?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lShAdOwStRiKel

01-31-2012

i personally think cho gath is a very good champ. If i am soloing top i can take out most other champs that encounter me. the only thing is he does not have a lot of mobility so he is very susceptible to ganks by the enemy jungler.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhm View Post
I would have to straight up say teemo. He's got great early game harass and move quick can dodge Cho's skills. Also I would reccomend rushing bloodrazor because by the time cho gets 2 stacks of feast your damage will scale so much harder against him with madreds bloodrazor. This will shut him down in lane and keep him from farming.
I would think that by the time that Teemo had 4.5k or so to be to the point that he would have a Madred's Razor that the laning phase would either be over, or Cho would have quite a bit of oompf to him through some AP/defensive items. But yeah, Teemo harass would be pretty good against him even with his passive. 2 hits per minions does more damage than he would be able to heal. Good thing I love Teemo as well (:

headgmsalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

yeah nid destroys cho. that or kog

Crankdawg

01-31-2012

Anyone with a good ranged poke (outside scream's range) will beat Cho bloody.

I played a round against vlad top that I just got completely obliterated since his "poke" was a life steal attack. No dmg I did to him was permanent. and any time I was doing any significant hurt to him he'd just pool away and then steal the life back from out of my effective range.

Quick Rawr

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankdawg View Post
Anyone with a good ranged poke (outside scream's range) will beat Cho bloody.

I played a round against vlad top that I just got completely obliterated since his "poke" was a life steal attack. No dmg I did to him was permanent. and any time I was doing any significant hurt to him he'd just pool away and then steal the life back from out of my effective range.
Yeah Vlad would be a good anti-Cho. Not so sure about Nidalee though.

So Teemo, Vlad and Kog Maw. Nasus could probably do decently as well, it would come down to gameplay at that point.

Kansei

01-31-2012

cho turns every lane into a farm lane. You beat him by being more useful than him with your kit. You want like singed or kennen or gp. Something that is a utility monster. People pre-30 also tend to be worse at last hitting, so if it is a farm lane and they aren't farming you can get away with almost anything

Yukkimura

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2142 View Post
Cho is very strong in the lane phase. I would not say there is a "direct" counter. there are several champs that he has a hard time against. I would pick Irelia of the top of my head.

The reason he is not played in ranked is simple. He is just a big ball of HP that relies on short range skillshots. He is a tank with no armour. He is a mage with long cooldowns. He just doesn't fit in well. AND late in the game HP doesn't really matter(a vayne will tear through 5k NP) its all about armour.

hope that helps. Its not very encouraging, he needs a buff in my opinion.
I must disagree here. Yes Cho has long cooldowns and lacks resists mid game but don't forget about his +'s. His ultimate has pretty short CD and can dish out good 1k true damage with right build while still keeping him very tanky.
He has AOE silence that can turn the tide of every team fight.
He has AOE knock-up with slow which is another great teamfighting weapon.
Late game he's very tanky and with 6 stacks he's also **** huge, and you'd ask me why is that an advantage? Lemme tell you, a big Cho'Gath that walks right next to his carries gives enemies hard time targeting them which ends with Cho shielding carries from skillshots, lock-on skills and most importantly smartcasters, example of such is a full LeBlanc combo which would most likely kill your carry and only takes away lets say 20% of your health.
Cho is just WIN

monstuman443

01-31-2012

Zilean isnt a bad counter if you play him right.

Quick Rawr

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstuman443 View Post
Zilean isnt a bad counter if you play him right.
How so?

monstuman443

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
How so?
Well you can just keep dropping time bombs on him from range, which do pretty decent damage. You can slow him down so allies can get him too. At the very least, you can force him to hug turret.

1234567 ... 8