Who counters Cho'Gath?

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Nasus and Mundo do sound like viable options. I've never played Mundo, but Nasus is quite the fun champion to play if the enemy solo top is the right match up. Even if they're not he can still be fun.

Origin ؃ World

01-26-2012

Cho'Gath is good but he cant win a fight without help.
People are looking for strong champion, Cho is only a good tanker that why people prefer to play with other champions.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin ؃ World View Post
Cho'Gath is good but he cant win a fight without help.
People are looking for strong champion, Cho is only a good tanker that why people prefer to play with other champions.
So basically if your support isn't tanky (Janna) and your Jungle isn't tanky (Lee Sin) then he's viable. It depends more on your team comp than anything else?

Crafter of Stars

01-26-2012

A well played Garen will force Cho to tower sitting duty by lvl 3.

DoktorCheese

01-26-2012

Cho'gath is a very solid solo top, but he's not the best. He has great sustain, but he can be countered by tank shredders such as kogmaw, or someone who can zone well/farm well under the turret until a jungler comes such as galio/nasus/gangplank. Having said that, these champs won't always beat you, but you'll be hard pressed to win a lane against them unless they make some serious mistakes.

Basically, you'll rarely lose a lane as Cho'gath, but you're not going to be outright winning them usually unless you are much better than your opponent, mainly because Q is so easy to dodge. This observation mainly comes from me playing Cho a lot, as he was the first character I bought.

ADC Annie

01-26-2012

1) there isn't alot of really good cho players, best ones you'll see are jungle cho's.
2) kog maw, irelia, morde, leblanc, vayne

Also you can run like 6k hp with 200 mrez and 200 armor on cho w/ perma slowing effects on all of your skills just putting that out there. OM NOM NOM.

Kenshin Akira

01-26-2012

Early game, you'll see some counters that can trade evenly or threaten Gath outright like Irelia or Garen. However, late game, his counters are anything that is based on Max HP. So things like a quick auto-attacker with Mandred's, Kog'maw, Mundo Cleavers can whittle him down by abusing his Feast stacks against him.

That, and Cho can't do too much. Once he uses his Rupture and Scream, he's out of real options unless he's just smacking you with Spikes and has to wait a while before he's able to use them again.

Slimm Shaney

01-26-2012

whenever i play cho with galio i just zone him, he only has good sustain if he is farming, keep him from his farm and it is not very fun for him.
edit: I zoned cho until shaco ganked 3 times

Quick Rawr

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter of Stars View Post
A well played Garen will force Cho to tower sitting duty by lvl 3.
And a well played cho can farm under turret just fine by level 3.

18X Jake

01-31-2012

I would have to straight up say teemo. He's got great early game harass and move quick can dodge Cho's skills. Also I would reccomend rushing bloodrazor because by the time cho gets 2 stacks of feast your damage will scale so much harder against him with madreds bloodrazor. This will shut him down in lane and keep him from farming.

123456 ... 8