Reforging the Greater Good - A Riven Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

01-26-2012

No problem. Looking forwards, as always!

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

FAI- err wait... I did the same thing... Guess I can't condem you now! But lookin forward to it.

AzureSaber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

As promised, here's MOAR FANFIC!

Chapter 1
Riven sat up. She looked towards the unfathomable darkness, a burning light in her eyes. She thought, I will prevail. The strong survive. It's time for me to build a new path. She picked up the main part of her now-destroyed sword and kicked all the rest into the chasm. The fragments flew off in all directions, but she had already turned away, a fierce certainty in her eyes and her soul.

She saw that the rock she was standing on was a path. Riven followed the path, each step firm and resolved, just like she was. Determined to redeem herself and create a new life in her "death", she ventured on.

About a hundred paces from her start, she encountered a rather large platform of the same rock. This platform was not devoid of all life, as there were small beings with two round eyes, a head, and a cylindrical body. They resembled humans greatly, and she called out to one.

Alarmed, all the creatures instantly turned to her at the sound of her voice. Some relaxed at the sight of Riven, while others screamed in horror, and yet others turned and ran. She did not know what to make of this, but approached anyway, dropping her sword and holding her hands in the air. Riven said, "Hey! Sorry if I alarmed you. I don't mean you any harm!"

One of the creatures came forward. Its eyes were shining in awe as it advanced, and it knelt. Surprised, Riven looked down, then looked around, seeing that all the creatures that remained were kneeling. The first one raised its head and spoke into her mind, "Hello, human. We are the Walleeters, one of the sentient species of the Void. There has not been one of you for a long time."

Riven, confused, tilted her head. What did it mean, by "one of you"? Did they have contact with humans before? Was this a trick? The Walleeter, as if reading her mind, spoke again. "Yes, we have met humans before. When a human is deemed worthy of a second chance, they are sent to the Void to find their inner selves, and then return to the human world. You, Riven, are one that the overlords deemed worthy. You are here to stay."

The Walleeter's body melted on the side, forming an arm. It beckoned for her to follow as it floated away, Riven following behind him meekly. She was stunned, unsure what to make of these Walleeters. They seemed humanoid, and definitely were sentient, but she had no idea how they spoke into her mind, or if they could read minds.

It sensed her confusion, and sent, "Do not be afraid. We do not intend to harm you. We will be your protectors and your fellows until you are ready to return to your world." It pointed to a small hut. "That will be your quarters. This is the village of Tphex. To the Yttriod," it said, pointing at a small cluster of light, "is the city of Sthere. You can visit the square later, to the Jintu." Riven had no idea what a Yttriod was, or a Jintu, but she suspected that they were directions. Obviously, there was no north or south in an endless world.

She nodded to show her understanding. The Walleeter nodded back, and floated away. Riven didn't realize, until it had disappeared from sight, that she had never asked its name.

tewny

01-27-2012

hey not to be a spoilsport but why is there so much riven stories?
i mean shes my fav AD bruiser but still...

Jaykoboy

01-27-2012

Because she's everyone's favorite AD bruiser, and also a very, VERY interesting character to write for. I should know; although she was popular before I started writing with her, I was among the first to start writing in this particular forum for her.

Grand Viper

01-27-2012

@LOLzTonyX3

I think I said it in another thread, but I want to write about Riven strictly because of how human she is. How many possible interactions she has, it's like Ionians with Noxians grr we haet you almost. I feel it's harder to write like, Soraka and Swain.

With Riven as a main character, the flexibility is there.How will she react when she meets a Demacian? One of her countrymen? One of her old foes an Ionian? What if she meets with Morgana, a fellow exile? Drawing character relationships with Riven is personally easier for me.

There's a lot of interesting things you can do with her, you can make a story constructed around her and her interactions and her thoughts because they're not so simple as "I hate Noxus I'm sad I want to be alone." It's literally she pushed herself to be in the League despite all her guilt. There's a lot you can do with her is my reason. That and I like playing her.

Felza

01-27-2012

Riven = ∞ possibilities

AzureSaber

01-28-2012

Riven's my favorite champion, and imo has the most interesting backstory. You can write her so easily, and you can kind of like feel her emotions.

Did anybody expect the strange turn of events? I named them Walleeters because in middle school, I liked to doodle, and I made these little characters who acted like humans, except they ate walls. They were usually depicted with puffed out cheeks and a wall in front of them with a bite mark. (Think Pon and Zi.)

I'll be posting more in a bit, reading some fanfics right now.

tewny

01-28-2012

oh ok i kinda get it now, i dont think any other champ can get as deep as her now that i think about it

Felza

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLzTonyX3 View Post
oh ok i kinda get it now, i dont think any other champ can get as deep as her now that i think about it
GOOD~! now go get yourself together and write a fanfic about riven so u can join the RFFC (Riven Fanfic Club). XD