Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reforging the Greater Good - A Riven Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AzureSaber

01-25-2012

Hello, fellow Leaguers! I'm here to present you with my first ever fanfiction. This story will follow Riven on her path to rebuild her vision, her dream that she has followed for her entire life. I tried to make it as original as possible, and I hope you like it!

Prologue
She floated.

The sea of eternal darkness awaited her, as she drifted in the Void. Now, she understood: the world of Runeterra and the Void were opposite. What you were on Runeterra, you were not in the Void.

Riven was no longer a blinded slave to the impure Noxus. She felt at peace, although her mind was still reeling from the shock of the events that had just transpired. In her mind's eye, she saw her body, smoking and bleeding. She knew that death was imminent, but she didn't care.

She looked around her, surveying her new "home". It, contrary to the belief of the common people, was not just darkness. She realized what the Void Prophet had been preaching - that the Void was a whole other world, which had civilizations and races of its own.

Her form in the Void was similar to her physical body, the only difference being her armor - now that she had renounced the impure Noxus, her armor had changed to reflect her affiliation. Her sword's runes glowed sinisterly, as if it sensed her change and disliked it. Snarling at the memory of the battle, she brought down the sword with all her might. It shattered, the spirits locked in the sword whispering as they tasted freedom for the first time in decades.

Riven stared at the broken fragments, sapped of all their magic. She knelt, finally releasing all the despair and hopelessness that the fateful battle had brought.

AzureSaber

01-25-2012

I'm not gonna post more until i get some reviews D:
So whaddya think? I've got more written

Jaykoboy

01-25-2012

It's fine...but how'd she end up in the void?

AzureSaber

01-25-2012

YAY A REVIEW! AND FROM THE LEGENDARY JAYKO.

Oh, uh might have forgotten to mention that part. The Void is kind of the place that people go after death. I'm not gonna reveal any more of my storyline unless there's something that i missed :P

Should I post more?

Jaykoboy

01-25-2012

Le...legendary?

Yes, you should post more. You were vague, but interesting, so I can't do anything but wait for a post! Go ahead, have fun!

EDiT: Am I REALLY that well known?

Grand Viper

01-25-2012

@Jakyoboy Apparently so. Even I knew about you mate.

In terms of the story, I'm not sure where it's gonna go but I am curious! I would like to see more!

AzureSaber

01-25-2012

Well, I was one of the few that actually enjoyed "Champions in Real Life". So there.

Prologue (cont.)
It was a bright day. Riven's platoon had marched into what seemed like a field of corpses. Wrinkling their noses, they picked their way through distastefully, as they made their way across the meadow.

A cloud drifed over the sun. The corpses rose up where they had lain a moment ago, eager for the blood of their enemies. Her platoon, stranded yet defiant, stood ready as Riven shouted orders.

"Hold your positions!" she barked. "Defensive formations!" The Ionians yelled as they charged. For every Ionian that fell, two more rose in his place. Slowly but surely, Riven's men fell. Desperate, Riven released some Ki energy from her sword, channeling it upwards into a flare that lit up the sky with a green glow. She hoped her backup could reach her doomed platoon in time, or it would be all over for them.

Her numbers dwindled, and still the reinforcements did not show. Riven had started with two hundred men, but they had been cut down in ranks until there were about fifty left. Riven herself charged straight into the hordes of Ionians, slicing ten with each blow, unleashing her blade's magic to empower herself and her allies, but she knew that resistance was futile. If her support did not arrive, they would all be dead.

Riven began to sweat. Her men were falling, and there were only ten left. Then nine, and eight. Down to her last five men, they stood back-to-back, ready to stand together and die together. She recognized her childhood comrade Keiran, and her other friend Steron, both fighting for their lives, both about to die. Their teeth gritted, they fought with rivulets of sweat running down their dirty faces and their hands clenching their weapons, their lifelines.

CRASH! Trees were flattened at the edges of the clearing as a colossus emerged, its shiny metal barrel aimed directly at them.

"NO! We're here!" Riven hollered at the metal giant. The Melter's crew paid her no heed, instead launching a huge acid shell at them. The case disintegrated in mid-air, setting off an explosive that showered the contents on the people below. Green acid sprayed all over Riven's men and the Ionians. Riven instinctively shoved her sword high, emitting a large burst of Ki that bubbled into a shield, protecting her from the acid. Frantically, she channeled some at Keiran and Steron, but just as she connected with them, a shell erupted under Keiran's foot.

Riven's world shattered as her platoon screamed in agony, clutching their melting skin and boiling eyes. She screamed as Keiran roared in pain, a primal sound of pure fear that made Riven's whole body shake with the noise. She reached out to Steron as his armor burned away, revealing scorched, liquefying skin underneath.

Finally, the Melter's onslaught stopped. Riven collapsed, her energy failing as she slipped into unconsciousness.

Riven saw this memory in her mind, recoiling in fury as Singed launched his biochemical attack, seeing herself shuddering as she, exhausted, failed to maintain her Ki bubble, and collapsed in a pool of acid. She knew she could never go back, and even if she could, she could not be a Noxian again. Not after what had just happened.

She knew she was truly alone now.

Felza

01-25-2012

*bookmarked*
okay, another into my bookshelve~
btw, Jaykoboy, you sir is a gentlemen and a legend

AzureSaber

01-25-2012

Is it good? Should i post more?

Well, I'm off to bed. Tired. *yawns*

Grand Viper

01-25-2012

It's good so far, I need to see more though! Moooore!