Riot Petition: Lose less Elo in Ranked when someone DISCONNECTS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrToasty

01-25-2012

I'm sick and ****ing tired of losing elo when someone disconnects right after champions selection. I'm not talking about during the game, but right away, as in they never connect. What's bull**** is that I'm sure you have all had it happen to you as well, maybe even twice or three times in a row (like me, hence this petition). Riot, ffs implement a simple system that allows the four person team to only lose half their elo due to a disconnect or make 1 1/2 if they win it (rare). Look at your data. You know **** well that this happens way too frequently to not address it.

tldr: Upvote this if you are ****ing tired of losing elo due to disconnects and would like to lose half in 4v5 situations.

Gnarkill1

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToasty View Post
I'm sick and ****ing tired of losing elo when someone disconnects right after champions selection. I'm not talking about during the game, but right away, as in they never connect. What's bull**** is that I'm sure you have all had it happen to you as well, maybe even twice or three times in a row (like me, hence this petition). Riot, ffs implement a simple system that allows the four person team to only lose half their elo due to a disconnect or make 1 1/2 if they win it (rare). Look at your data. You know **** well that this happens way too frequently to not address it.

tldr: Upvote this if you are ****ing tired of losing elo due to disconnects and would like to lose half in 4v5 situations.
I would be more inclined to lean toward bonus elo for winning it because I have won a few 4v5 and it feels like quite an accomplishment and then you just get your standard elo and it sucks. I guess its a good idea what you suggested, Im sure you just got downvoted though because as a lot of people will point out, it happens to both sides equally. I think instead of altering elo thought they just need to be more harsh in their punishments of people who d/c or just simply rage quit. Sometimes though you never know, that guy might have had some sort of network error and its hard to punish people for stuff like that.

MrToasty

01-25-2012

I'm not saying to punish the DCer at all. I'm asking for the team that is now stuck as a 4v5 to get their fair share of elo. Whether that be 2x as much if they won 4v5 or 1/2 as much if they lost 4v5. Why punish the other four players for one person disconnecting?

As for the downvote, most people do the opposite of what you ask, especially when you rage. I was furious when I wrote that post. A good game of Leblanc helps channel that rage.

Bėst Kat NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

i lost so much rating from 4 4v5 in one day.....support

Wibbiz

02-08-2012

bump

Achtbar

02-08-2012

I know this is going to go over badly with you people but this would change nothing, because statistically speaking each player gets a dc'er about the same number of times so think about it... Only thing that would happen would be the average elo of every person would go up marginally reflecting nothin but the change in elo lost by the occasional dc that everyone gets

Selcopa

02-08-2012

so what you're saying is when im about to win i should have my duo queue buddy pull the plug on his internet so he d/cs that way i get a bonus 50% ELO.

It sucks that it happens, but it happens at all levels, so you can rest assured that its not 'keeping you down'

1313Jr1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
so what you're saying is when im about to win i should have my duo queue buddy pull the plug on his internet so he d/cs that way i get a bonus 50% ELO.

It sucks that it happens, but it happens at all levels, so you can rest assured that its not 'keeping you down'
hmm, i guess it's not just my posts you only half read.
he said if they never connect, not if they dc later on.

and to the op, see: elo inflation

Wrath of PP

02-08-2012

Would you be willing to win less in case of a 5v4?

Selcopa

02-08-2012

Hehe, glossed of the first sentence, too many asterisks, coupled with the fact 'look at the data it happens too often' I assumed he was reffering to all disconnects from his title

I can just revise it by saying disconnects dont happen near as often as he'd like to think they do. And its more of an uncommon annoyance than a flawed system.

On the otherhand I do read all your posts thoroughly, however they got so large it would take too much time to answer and I continued to repeat myself on things that never got answered, such as whether your conflict of interest was ethical enough to be overlooked or the fact that coordinated strikes could unjustly punish undeserving players

Just a few days ago I lost a game with 3 of 4 of my teammates in vent, the 5th man Gangplank, played awful, my team raged at him when he screwed up, even the other team admitted that the gangplank sucked and if it werent for him we would have won the game.

Rather than QQ and demand a system to punish him, I sent the replay to a higher ELO friend of mine, who pointed out all the things wrong that I did, as well as the other players on my team. While GP played the worst, and under your system we could have punished him with -60 ELO, he was in no means deserving of that punishment, and we would have been successful.

But I dont mean to derail this thread, we'll bring that conversation to its proper thread.

Thank you for pointing out my misread, in response i'll still say the system is unnecessary for the same reason, if you dont like the team comp you can have someone pull the plug on their internet, or even if you think you can 4 man the other team's comp you can try to boost your ELO.

This also promotes people trying to bully teammates into pulling their internet for the sake of the team which is a bad thing.