Non jungle wawrick question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sync1337

10-13-2009

Hey guys, i know most people would recommend to jungle with wawrick early game but i am honestly not a fan of rally or smite or the item build you have to start off with. So i was curious as to what is a decent starter build for Wawrick if i was not to jungle?

Was thinking maybe something like zerker greaves, mandreds razor, bloodthirster, infinity edge, frozen mallet and phantom in no particular order anyway. What are your thoughts on a regrowth pendant? or would it be a waste due to his lifesteal?

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

His lifesteal isn't that great until you really start hitting on the creeps. I would either suggest the vampiric scepter to start or cloth armor + health pots so you can take a bit of harassment.

I've never laned with warwick before but those seem to be the only logical choices as far as survivability in a lane goes.

Lollerman

10-13-2009

Really depends on the match up in your lane.

You could sit in your lane and swipe all day against champions with no real disables like Karthus/Soraka/Ashe/Sivir, but you're going to need a good partner against Anivia/Annie/Morgana/Ryze, champions who can stop your attacks in general, preventing you from healing on attack.

I've been up against Wicks who would sit and eat my harassment, occasionally using Hungering Strike/Hunter's Call to stay alive, but that's 1v1; if I had a lane mate, wouldn't happen. Don't solo.

AI Assimilator

10-13-2009

I lane a lot on warwick and yes cloth armour or lifesteal are good ideas. However even with pots and one of these items if you're laning against an enemy like teemo (blinding shot make you unable to lifesteal via passive and does massive magical damage for early game) its going to be hard and you will need to stand back.

Lollerman

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Assimilator View Post
I lane a lot on warwick and yes cloth armour or lifesteal are good ideas. However even with pots and one of these items if you're laning against an enemy like teemo (blinding shot make you unable to lifesteal via passive and does massive magical damage for early game) its going to be hard and you will need to stand back.
They usually save Hungering Strike for moments like that.

Edit: none the less, yes, a pain to lane against.

Highborne

10-13-2009

I love seeing Warwick lane vs me when I am Sivir, they cannot heal enough when I toss my Spiral Blade and hit them every few seconds.

My mana regen is much better than Warwick's lifesteal at low levels, and I can harass them easily, even in a 2v1 situation because I don't even have to worry about Warwick at all.

Best solution, just jungle till level 6 and then go help in a lane.

Lollerman

10-13-2009

^ To be fair, my Warwick could probably out play my Sivir, considering you can dodge boomerang, but Strike can't be dodged (or don't even need to. That, plus the fact that boomerang won't do too much damage unless they hit twice, Wick can easily move out of the way and Strike for the HP lost.

Clonesa

10-13-2009

For non jungling I personally think you cannot go wrong with Flash, Exhaust, Teleport and possibly Fortify. Fortify is just extremely useful to the team and becomes more and more OP for each teammate with it. The others are simply useful every match for nearly every champion, both offensively and defensively. Being able to teleport while being attack is ridiculous, as in Exhausting melee champions to escape or to chase down and kill, same with Flash.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2009

Just FYI Warwick does not need Smite, Rally, or even Heal (although that can get a little dicey) to jungle. Just get someone to help whack on the golem a few times when you start out and you're good to go, starting with 3 health pots and cloth armor.

Mecklin

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
Just FYI Warwick does not need Smite, Rally, or even Heal (although that can get a little dicey) to jungle. Just get someone to help whack on the golem a few times when you start out and you're good to go, starting with 3 health pots and cloth armor.
You do not need smite or any help to jungle with Warwick. Also note that dropping a rally down when you are about to ulti increasees the damage of your ulti, so you really cannot go wrong there.

Rally/Ghost Walk ftw.