Was season 1 a good change?

Yes 27 35.53%
No 34 44.74%
I'm indifferent 15 19.74%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Are you happy with Season 1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

magillaguerrilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

unhappy with:
Removal of practice games, removal of stats (losses in normal games, champ stats, recent games), and how they knowingly stimulated a massive influx of players knowing all the while they did not have the server infrastructure to support it, and knowing all the while they would have to remove features. Paying for something and having features removed after the fact does not make me happy.

Rabbio

07-20-2010

Voted no purely due to the removal of practice games caused by the S1 launch influx. My group of 6 friends don't even really play anymore. Just login, check practice, logout.

One of the 6 was brought in the day before S1. Sorry to everyone he plays in normal games. He's that feeder.

Edit: None of us care to ever play ranked games either, so there isn't a "silver lining" to S1 for us.

Pawnsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Absolutely not, MM is even worse especially for ranked solo queue. I have had atleast 1 malady and philos stone each game and even had a rammus decide to go AD last game. =(

eSWA1Oow4ufYmDRT

07-20-2010

Man, I really really miss practice games..

Miltrivd

07-20-2010

I'm indifferent. Why? Because the game HAS to show changes, the start of ranked is a good change, could be messed a bit, the matchmakin system, but still works. Server lag problems are mostly solved and hopefully the OP champions will get balanced eventually.

Even so, not much changed after Season 1, really. So it hasn't been groundbreaking, from my point of view.

Bastiaan

07-20-2010

I'm not because I was expecting to have very hard and competitive games and I just had games with summoners feeding on purpose and leavers...so much leavers. So for that's reason I'm unhappy about it. On the other hand, normal games are sorted some good or some bad... as usual. But also i've played normal games with people playing like practice games.

Leathude

07-20-2010

I voted "no".

Good idea, bad execution.

S1 came too fast.. still needs more rune pages, ability to store masteries ahead of time, and the servers weren't properly prepared. (Practice has been disabled for a week now, and even with them disabled the lag was worse than pre-season, the servers simply needed more preparation)

I feel that Season 1 was rushed, had it been a month later with several stress tests and what not it'd be actually been amazing though.

sleepingcold

07-20-2010

I voted 'yes'.

Although people ***** and whine about server problems, I'm guessing it's technical issues that relate more to ranked game-play than anything.

A lot of the DC problems I had with pre Season 1 don't apply to me anymore, and for that I love this patch.

I do miss practice games though. Trying new champs every week is a bit... lame. I have to play a full 25 minute~ game where I'm usually just *****ed left and right about not using skill Q/W/E/R at the right time or w/e.

Oh and my PAC doesn't miss anymore, win.

Shawner

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchew View Post
happy with the new features, stats, new pvp.net, draft mode.

unhappy with how they decided to determine skill/ranking for solo queuers.
this

Wretch

07-20-2010

I voted indifferent. Reasons why,

1. Still to many WEAK champs like... Twisted Fate, Twitch, Eve, Ashe

2. Game Dynamics...

This goes along with WEAK champs in a sense that current champ dynamics are directed toward champs that can initiate and escape with ease OR tanks. The current focus of a team is champs with increased survival abilities and stuns, due to champs with survival tools having the same or even more damage output than the ones that do not.

Lets take Twisted Fate, Ashe, and Eve as examples. Eve's escape tool, which is stealth, is countered by 150 gold early game. Twisted Fates escape tools are a single target stun OR a close range AoE snare. Ashe's escape tools are a snare and stun, where as the stun is very short at close range. All three of these champs suffer due to low to moderate damage output and a lack of escape mechanisms, especially when champs like Gragas, Akali, Kat, Xin, Kassadin, Nidalee, Ezreal, Jax, Pantheon, Tristana, Janna, Yi, Olaf, Kennen, Shen, etc, all have escape tools and equivalent OR higher damage output. Even Janna has significant damage output that is much higher than TF's early game and Janna has 4 abilities that can help her escape OR engage...