Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Skin preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Idontank

01-25-2012

I'm actually suprised this isn't a feature already, and has probably already been suggested but I hate the risk you take if you're playing your new fave champion, want a skin, and you get a craving for one of their AMAZING skins. However, you haven't seen it yet in-game. The art work looks good, so you get the skin.
You try it out in game and you're wondering why on earth you bought that skin.
I suggest that, like the skills preview tab, there's a video or something to allow you to preview what the skin looks like in game, rather than an artwork.
Yeah there's youtube, but it'd just make things so much easier.

Aviolli

01-25-2012

I agree with this.... ya just putting that out there =)

Help I Suck

Recruiter

01-25-2012

I agree. If I regularly play a character I almost always want a skin. The art can be very different then how the character actually looks in-game and I always have to search this forums skin thread (and google if it isn't updated to have the current skin I am looking to acquire). It doesn't take a lot of effort but it is very inconvenient. With all of the updates that Riot is making to the character preview features I would love to see this added as well. It would make purchasing skins a little less time consuming.

Idontank

01-25-2012

Quote:
RawrSlox:
I agree. If I regularly play a character I almost always want a skin. The art can be very different then how the character actually looks in-game and I always have to search this forums skin thread (and google if it isn't updated to have the current skin I am looking to acquire). It doesn't take a lot of effort but it is very inconvenient. With all of the updates that Riot is making to the character preview features I would love to see this added as well. It would make purchasing skins a little less time consuming.

I just went through this experience. I was tired, and just got done playing an amazing game as tank Jarvan IV. I asked my friends what skin I should get, and they recommended Darkforge Jarvan IV. The artwork looked amazing so I bought it without researching it. I got in game and was SO disapointed. It looks so different in game than it does on the artwork.

Karolina

01-26-2012

I think this would be great. I had to download a model viewer to see the skins in detail before buying them.