Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RIOT, Did you expect revealing hidden ELO's would cause this much strife?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rekrn

07-20-2010

They didnt reveal peoples elo. They gave everybody teh same elo and forced them to play with each other.

There is a pretty huge difference.

Its like being lvl 30 and having a 60-70% win ratio and all of the sudden your getting in teams with 3 level 1 characters. WTF is going on i dont even.

Draden

07-20-2010

agreed with rekrn, i dont mind knowing i am not the best in each game, but heck, i was 400 wins and 300 losses. i dont think i am that bad at this game. reset my elo and force me to play with feeders and i lose way more then i win.

before s1 i won about 60% of my games, now i lose about 75%. something wrong there? does this show how horribly unthought out this process was?

Trollebus

07-20-2010

Who read the summoner's code, anyway?

Quote:
Agree, people just need to chill more. Take a loss and still have fun.

Every loss means you'll need another two wins to keep the ELO rising.

Ekitchi

07-20-2010

Quote:
Trollebus:
Who read the summoner's code, anyway?

Every loss means you'll need another two wins to keep the ELO rising.

Not hard until you get close to the ranking you deserve. Slightly harder right now though because better players may be starting ranked later and as they climb up they get you down when they pass you.

Dirty30

Recruiter

07-20-2010

Quote:
Zanoma:
YOU MISSPELED JESSE PERRING!!
KANI WILL SMITE YOU!!

(p.s. i probbably misspeled misspeled, correct me if so please)

I was afraid if I called forth he who must not be named, I would be smitten.

Chisleu

07-20-2010

Quote:
Yana:
Agree, people just need to chill more. Take a loss and still have fun.

I used to dota a lot, so I consider any game where my allies know how to buy items a good one.

Ragers on my team and people who don't communicate do annoy me though.

"DUDE, You know those recipes don't have stats right?!?!?!?!" lol

1st: No, this isn't as simple as you think. The OP is stupid.

EVERY GAME in the 1200-1300 bracket I have a feeder->leaver on my team. EVERY GAME. Usually there are more than 1 on each team feeding and being stupid. I have level 20's in my games regularly.

I have played competitive dota for many years. I have over 1k games today in LoL. I have played several games with each champion and fully understand their rolls and abilities (few ever impress me with something new.)

I memorize summoner spells.

I had high elo (100 wins over losses at 300 wins, which is very good IMO, not pro-level because I did indeed solo queue a lot.)

I have 1300+ ranking in 3-5 premade.

Solo queue is broken as it is. If you look at the top 10 people in solo queue, they are ALL playing carries (or carry assists, ie morgana, etc)

They are all queueing with a good friend, and the ones who aren't carries (TF, kass, etc) are carry assists like amumu/morgana/etc.

YOU CAN'T MOVE UP into the 1500+ range unless you get out of the 1200 hell. You can't get out of the 1200 hell without playing carries. I am not a very good carry player. I can "carry" with many champs, but I've always focused on support champs. My first D&D character was a priest. My first EQ character was a cleric (then shaman), and my main wow toon was a druid.

The only thing I can recommend is to only play with 2 people (not solo queue) and one of you has to play a hard carry, and the other a carry assist. Feed the carry and play the game 2v5. It isn't fair, but that really is the only way to success.

It is suck and should have been done differently. level 30 required for solo queue, and have the ranking start people off from 1100-1300 depending on their ELO, that way the FEEDtards would be 1100, and you would be unlikely to get to them so quickly.

The way it was done was stupid by Riot. I <3 riot. I spend a LOT of money on this game, and it's silly that they did it the way they did. It's thoroughly unpleasant to play as it is.

I may go back to normals for solo queue...

Brokenmirror

07-20-2010

Quote:
Chisleu:
"DUDE, You know those recipes don't have stats right?!?!?!?!" lol

1st: No, this isn't as simple as you think. The OP is stupid.

EVERY GAME in the 1200-1300 bracket I have a feeder->leaver on my team. EVERY GAME. Usually there are more than 1 on each team feeding and being stupid. I have level 20's in my games regularly.

I have played competitive dota for many years. I have over 1k games today in LoL. I have played several games with each champion and fully understand their rolls and abilities (few ever impress me with something new.)

I memorize summoner spells.

I had high elo (100 wins over losses at 300 wins, which is very good IMO, not pro-level because I did indeed solo queue a lot.)

I have 1300+ ranking in 3-5 premade.

Solo queue is broken as it is. If you look at the top 10 people in solo queue, they are ALL playing carries (or carry assists, ie morgana, etc)

They are all queueing with a good friend, and the ones who aren't carries (TF, kass, etc) are carry assists like amumu/morgana/etc.

YOU CAN'T MOVE UP into the 1500+ range unless you get out of the 1200 hell. You can't get out of the 1200 hell without playing carries. I am not a very good carry player. I can "carry" with many champs, but I've always focused on support champs. My first D&D character was a priest. My first EQ character was a cleric (then shaman), and my main wow toon was a druid.

The only thing I can recommend is to only play with 2 people (not solo queue) and one of you has to play a hard carry, and the other a carry assist. Feed the carry and play the game 2v5. It isn't fair, but that really is the only way to success.

It is suck and should have been done differently. level 30 required for solo queue, and have the ranking start people off from 1100-1300 depending on their ELO, that way the FEEDtards would be 1100, and you would be unlikely to get to them so quickly.

The way it was done was stupid by Riot. I <3 riot. I spend a LOT of money on this game, and it's silly that they did it the way they did. It's thoroughly unpleasant to play as it is.

I may go back to normals for solo queue...

shutup

Larias

Adjudicator

07-20-2010

Quote:
Dirty30:
RIOT, Did you expect revealing hidden ELO's would cause this much strife??

I am.

It's amazing how many people think they are 1600+ Elo skilled when they are likely in the 1300 range or even lower. People think extremely well of themselves.

Cybergoblin

Recruiter

07-20-2010

You guys are wrong - 1200 is the starting point where everyone is heaped in together. Basically decent players DO get matched with every bad, newbie and leaver player there is.

It takes a while to climb out of the pit into 1300+ so that you dont have a bunch of 1200 people on your team. Once you get up above 1300 it gets a little better because everyone there has shown they are at least sorta decent (average).

Also, the problem is not in showing ELO - its Riot wanting to hide how bad MM is from the community. Having level 20's mixed in - putting a 1200 team together with a level 20 captain who has a 1150 elo is a great example.

The community has a right to be mad when its like WTF? My 10 year old nephew could have seen this problems coming.

1200 - starting point
1300+ - average

if your below 1100 your just fail, leaver, noob material - which is fine - but EVERYONE starts at 1200.

I also expect all decent non-leaver people to stop playing matchmaker when they get to 1000 or below because its 50% leavers who dont care about score at all thus making EVERY GAME terrible for them.

I think thats pretty important - Riot needs some sort of x% leaves and your just done with ranked games or they will lose the customers who want to try - but just lack skill. Those are very important compared with free-playing kiddie leavers.

Speusippus

07-20-2010

So how do I find out my ELO again?