RIOT, Did you expect revealing hidden ELO's would cause this much strife?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty30

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

RIOT, Did you expect revealing hidden ELO's would cause this much strife??

I myself am kinda amazed at all the grief posts and negative press surrounding the "competition" to climb out of the" ground zero 1200 range", in Solo Random.

Its hard for me to tell if there is really a "large section" of the community that are claiming they cant have fun competing, unless their games are personally filled with teammates "all on Phreaks level" to carry them above 1500 with the simple press of a "play right NOW!" button, or if its just a vocal minority.

Are you working on or would you consider working on a companion or addition to "The summoners code" in regards to "solo ranked play" to maybe help set REALISTIC expectations, with more guidelines detailing working inside random teams with teammates of varying skill levels in a competitive environment?

Here is my own "S1 Ranked game summoners code"

THERE IS NO SKILL REQUIREMENT FOR PRESSING THE RANDOM SOLO RANKED BUTTON, SO YOUR GOING TO PLAY WITH ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO PLAY, SO U BETTER GET GOOD AT HELPING OTHERS IN A PRACTICAL MANNER. IF YOU WANT A GAME FULL OF PROS OF YOUR OWN GOD(Jessing Perring) LIKE LEVEL THEN MAKE YOUR OWN TEAM, COMPLETE WITH PRACTICE TIMES.

I will never be a public relations director... But I'm interested in any random thoughts any red is allowed to talk about in terms of the "backlash" created by people actually being able to see their rankings in S1. (I hope discussing the topic isnt taboo)

-Dirty30

SlyGoat

07-20-2010

Yeah it was pretty obvious what was going to happen, I doubt they expected anything different from this community.

Yana

07-20-2010

Agree, people just need to chill more. Take a loss and still have fun.

I used to dota a lot, so I consider any game where my allies know how to buy items a good one.

Ragers on my team and people who don't communicate do annoy me though.

Swipe Knife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty30 View Post
RIOT, Did you expect revealing hidden ELO's would cause this much strife??

Yes, they did.

FixEve

07-20-2010

people fail to realise that 1200 is actually mid elo, not some trash rating for the worst of the worst. But ofc it is psychologically disturbing if you can't get past starting elo.

Zanoma

07-20-2010

YOU MISSPELED JESSE PERRING!!
KANI WILL SMITE YOU!!

(p.s. i probbably misspeled misspeled, correct me if so please)

BeepBeepIamAjeep

07-20-2010

The minority is always the louder

Sk1n J0b

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEve View Post
people fail to realize that 1200 is actually mid elo, not some trash rating for the worst of the worst. But ofc it is psychologically disturbing if you can't get past starting elo.
This is because new 20's and an assortment of many other bads are thrown in with people that have an ELO of 1200-1400. Going from 1200 to 1400 and back down to 1200 in one night is really annoying...

Arisal

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEve View Post
people fail to realise that 1200 is actually mid elo, not some trash rating for the worst of the worst. But ofc it is psychologically disturbing if you can't get past starting elo.
So true. 1200 is average. Most players are average. Most players who think they are good are average. Hell I have over 600 games played between beta and live and I consider myself average. I like competition like the next person (why I like ranked games) but I still think I am average. After 300 ranked games unless Elo tells me otherwise I will still think of myself as average.

rogerchew

Adjudicator

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisal View Post
So true. 1200 is average. Most players are average. Most players who think they are good are average. Hell I have over 600 games played between beta and live and I consider myself average. I like competition like the next person (why I like ranked games) but I still think I am average. After 300 ranked games unless Elo tells me otherwise I will still think of myself as average.
but 99% of people consider themselves above average...