Heimer Soraka Shen Shaco (opt Xin)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramayana

07-20-2010

5-0 with Xin and 5-0 with Soraka, out of only 23 ranked games played. So they arent ALWAYS banned. But yes, the most common bans are Taric, Soraka, Shen, Shaco and Heimer.

ZyloWolfBane

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosp View Post
These toons are annoying to play against simply due to their mechanics. That's why we ban them. Stop exploiting their annoyingness and they wouldn't be banned.
Or you could stop being bad, then they wont be annoying.

cooksta

07-20-2010

Last game I had, the opposing didn't ban Heimer or Shaco, our team first picked both champions and they went some ridiculous KDA like 20/1 with Shaco and Heim pretty much soloed 4 towers by himself.

After like 30 minutes, they actually got 3 of us down (including Heim) and surrendered anyways. The reason; "Basically, our team captain was an idiot and he was probably the one who clicked no".

It's not always the case, I know, but it certainly drove home the point.

Wilko18

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
Or you could stop being bad, then they wont be annoying.
That must be it. Everytime overpowered Xin kills your entire team or Heimer camps outside your turret and throws grenades from outside the range or Shaco blinks in, kills you in 2 hits and blinks out, it's obviously because everyone is bad, not because these heros are overpowered as hell at all.

lionheart5656

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Soraka can only do so much in an unorganized team. She's much more deadly in an organized team.

Mostly I see Heimer Shaco Shen and Xin banned.

DrunkPikachu

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scorpio View Post
They both have initiation abilities, they both have taunts. What Rammus does not have however is a global target teleport to shield a teammate, as well decent basic attack damage. Sure, Rammus can turn on his ult when he needs to kill something, but Shen is a much better offensive champion, which gives him the edge in early game laning and also in ganking (via ult teleport).
You forgot Rammus' AD scale with his armor, so he have some nice basic attack dmg (it's still a pretty weak passive, I hope they add the MR/AP scaling). Beside, feint is excellent to protect you from harassment early and to not die, but to tank in a teamfight DBC is much better. Taunt > DBC > Tremor, you just completely ****ed up the enemy team. Shen can't do that.

Schokcha

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilko18 View Post
That must be it. Everytime overpowered Xin kills your entire team or Heimer camps outside your turret and throws grenades from outside the range or Shaco blinks in, kills you in 2 hits and blinks out, it's obviously because everyone is bad, not because these heros are overpowered as hell at all.
Heimer throwing grenades? You know they only do half damage against towers after the recent nerf? If any Heimer throws nades at towers nowadays, it's more for the demoralizing effect rather than any substantial (or sustainable) damage.

Anyway, there're other champions who are even better (Kayle comes to mind), but thankfully under the radar for now. So go ahead and ban Heimer, no hard feelings.

RHINO Mk II

07-20-2010

Just played vs Heimer, Soraka, Taric +2 randoms. It was the gayest team ever.

Badgered

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scorpio View Post
They both have initiation abilities, they both have taunts. What Rammus does not have however is a global target teleport to shield a teammate, as well decent basic attack damage. Sure, Rammus can turn on his ult when he needs to kill something, but Shen is a much better offensive champion, which gives him the edge in early game laning and also in ganking (via ult teleport).
Rammus' basic attack quickly passes up Shen's as he stacks more armor. While Shen's passive is nice against all champion types, Rammus's defensive curl ability completely obliterates physical DPS carries while Rammus himself takes little damage. I still play Shen occasionally, but I think Rammus is better overall and the people banning Shen are flat-out silly. Shen punishes greedy gankers with his ultimate, nothing more. It is rarely useful in a team fight as it causes him to stand around doing nothing for three seconds.

Artelmis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

OH NOES! A CASTER CAN TAKE OUT A TOWER BY HIMSELF!.... in a time period longer than any of the other melee that can solo a tower, take hits from it, and not have their hp move more than a fraction...

if you cant kill heimer, you're bad, dumb, and a number of other things that will get turned into pretty little asterisks if i type them.