Heimer Soraka Shen Shaco (opt Xin)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Abbendis

07-20-2010

Dont know why they ban heimer the opposite team had a heimer because we didnt ban him and we stomped there team.

Salty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Heimer, shaco, shen, soraka, taric

Those are the common 5 i see.
There are the occasional random Xin or Zil every 1 outta 10 matches.

But it's usually 4 of those 5 i see banned the most.

Vixen Fox

07-20-2010

There's a huge Xin nerf inc next patch, so hopefully we won't have to perma-ban him. Hopefully Shen gets a (smaller) nerf as well.

Heim and Soraka are balanced characters that are just too capable of changing the tide of the battle, so people ban them to keep the other team from having them. They need more champs with deployables or healing to offset.

gun fu panda

07-20-2010

I don't ban Soraka in solo ranked, but I definitely do in premade ranked. That said, Heimer is non-negotiable for banning. After that...eh, Shen isn't bad in premade, nor is Shaco. But in solo they're brutal.

For premades, I prefer to ban:
Heimer > Soraka > Taric > Xin

For Solo:
Heimer > Shaco > Xin > Shen

Badgered

07-20-2010

I don't see what everyone's problem with Shen is. He's a good tank but frankly Rammus is more difficult to deal with. My guess is that at some point the people that ban Shen have been baited into a gank attempt only to have Shen show up and eat their lunch. This doesn't make Shen overpowered, it makes you stupid.

By the way, Riot. Your forums make my iPhone cry. Not sure why but it's something y'all may want to look into.

Mr Scorpio

07-20-2010

Quote:
Shen; Rammus
They both have initiation abilities, they both have taunts. What Rammus does not have however is a global target teleport to shield a teammate, as well decent basic attack damage. Sure, Rammus can turn on his ult when he needs to kill something, but Shen is a much better offensive champion, which gives him the edge in early game laning and also in ganking (via ult teleport).

Bloodba7h

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
Maybe Riot'll figure out that most banned = most OP and balance the game better. Especially Shaco. I'd rather play against five Xins than a lone Shaco.
Except most banned doesn't mean most OP. It just means most banned.

Logical fallacy!

Ecaflip

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
Maybe Riot'll figure out that most banned = most OP and balance the game better. Especially Shaco. I'd rather play against five Xins than a lone Shaco.
Your hyperbole was bad, a lone shaco won't gank a squishy in a 5 man roam squad, 5 Xins will, its an instant 125% of your hp.

TonyDamajer

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen Fox View Post
There's a huge Xin nerf inc next patch, so hopefully we won't have to perma-ban him. Hopefully Shen gets a (smaller) nerf as well.

Heim and Soraka are balanced characters that are just too capable of changing the tide of the battle, so people ban them to keep the other team from having them. They need more champs with deployables or healing to offset.
Heim doesnt turn the the tide of a battle, he turns the game becouse he kills youre nexus during that battle

Bastiaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

I think that we have to take into account that only 1 week has passed where Shen, Taric and Heimer were available to pick. So...don't think that any of them are OP, unless Xin... i thinking on it :P