Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Personal Challenge to Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gibbilo

07-20-2010

Quote:
RiotTravisGoetz:
I played a bunch of 5v5 solo/duo games my first couple days of playing ranked, and got up to 1400'ish going 11-6 or something.

I'd agree that right now the solo queues are still a little random in terms of what kind of players you get matched up with (have been in some rage-inducing games). Chalk this up to it being the first week of Season 1 with everyone starting at the same rating (1200). That random factor will continue to decrease over time as the bulk of our playerbase breaks away from the baseline to wherever they should be at.

"I think a lot of people don't realize that they're actually one of the bads or average players. "

This. Plus there is a perception that anything short of 1400+ or 1600+ is not good, which isn't true. If you're above 1200, then you're above-average.

With all respect, I find the "don't realize they're one of the bads" mentality very frustrating. I am not a HotShotGG 2100 elo PWNZORZ lol player. But I KNOW I can hold my own at 1500 or so. I may be in the minority of people stuck in <1200 hell. Most of them may in fact be "bads," but some of us down here really do not have much of a say with the string of 8 losses due to leavers or whatever it was within the first two days that dragged us down and make it ridiculously hard to climb out. We have legitimate complaints. To someone who responds that I am in denial, really can't carry my weight or wants to shut me up, then don't flame. I will put my money where my mouth is; add me as a friend, host a game, and let's lane together. Solo is ****.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-20-2010

Quote:
ReturnOfSanta:
1. Make an account
2. Set it to level 30
3. Start at 1200 like the rest of us
4. Get to 1400 in solo queue without sharing that you are a riot employee

I'm doing that right now...

got321321

07-20-2010

lol 1400 is so easy, my elo range is 900-1600 you just forgot to stay at 1400, its impossible

Final Boss

Adjudicator

07-20-2010

Lol, anyone arguing that it's all skill and there's no luck, my record logs are the facts disproving that. Yes, they may have made it to 1400 easy. Will they make it to 1400 if they have a 4v5 game every other game? Nope.

Lol stfu noob there aren't that many leavers. Wanna bet? My first 2 days of playing solo que ranked, for every single win I got, I had another loss that was a 4v5, either an afker or a leaver. Every single one, I had a perfect 50/50 w/l ratio, and every loss was a 4v5 game.

You should me someone who can win 4v5's regularly enough to move up, and without being able to use heroes like shaco, heimer, zhao, etc, since they are always banned.

Final Boss

Adjudicator

07-20-2010

Quote:
Gibbilo:
With all respect, I find the "don't realize they're one of the bads" mentality very frustrating. I am not a HotShotGG 2100 elo PWNZORZ lol player. But I KNOW I can hold my own at 1500 or so. I may be in the minority of people stuck in <1200 hell. Most of them may in fact be "bads," but some of us down here really do not have much of a say with the string of 8 losses due to leavers or whatever it was within the first two days that dragged us down and make it ridiculously hard to climb out. We have legitimate complaints. To someone who responds that I am in denial, really can't carry my weight or wants to shut me up, then don't flame. I will put my money where my mouth is; add me as a friend, host a game, and let's lane together. Solo is ****.

People will rarely back up their talk, I've tried that argument. Everytime you call a person out, their response is "Oh well IM not that good but...." well if you aren't that good you don't belong arguing about skill lol. I've made that offer in game/in forum, hell probably over 100 times....and it's only been accepted 19 times....so far I'm 19-0, and I always play the person using their own main, 1v1 same hero. Almost got to # 20 last night but the guy backed out soon as the game was over wouldn't add me/msg me.

Constrictor

Recruiter

07-20-2010

Quote:
Gibbilo:

1500 right now is like top 500 territory. There's 33000 people ranked above 1200 rating, which probably means there's at least 33000 more below 1200. Not everyone can be in the top 1% of players. Probably 10-20% of the people out there think they deserve to be in the top 1%, but it's still just the top 1%. Get it now?