dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Lost another game, quitting DOM now, but here's the report. Hope you fix the bug.

Shotty66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

My gf and myself have experienced this a few times, although rarely, and we have laptops with nvidia cards, not ati.

Killah1091

03-01-2012

Happened last night. I have an AMD M880G, with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 card, and was playing as Karma. I don't remember when it happened, or the circumstances, but I tried using low cursor tail as suggested by a hastily googled forum poster (mid-game), and it brought the cursor back in windows, but when I opened LoL back up the mouse was still gone. Had to restart the computer to get the mouse back post game. Luckily, I didn't get reported by my team for AFKing for a short time, or failing to buy late game items because of the lack of cursor, or failing in late game teamfights without said cursor (very hard to hit exhaust or your shield), and the team was sympathetic to the problem. This might not always happen though.

*Needless to say, we were winning, I was 2/0/8, then we lost*

BlackDespondency

03-01-2012

this is a ****ing beta dominion bug and it's yet to be fixed, this is such a joke riot.

Zeroxposur

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post

I'm on a stock Lenovo Y560 for what that's worth.
Lenovo Y560 will most definitely have problems with this dominion cursor bug. Happens to me at least every 5 games. Only way to successfully resolve as far as my system goes requires me to restart the computer or hibernate it. Never seems to matter what is running for me in the background.

WRCREX

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
same thing for me, but we have a couple machines with ati mobility cards and i've been told that we have not been successful in our attempts to reproduce it. i'm curious to know if there are other factors involved. i'm hoping to get some posts here that will shed some light on the issue.
On the flip side, regarding issue possibly being mobile vid card exclusive (which i doubt), I run an Nvidia GTX M card and havent ever had this issue..and I play a TON. The only issue I do run into occasionally is the map loading completely black (refresh of client fixes 100% of the time)

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-01-2012
8 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotty66 View Post
My gf and myself have experienced this a few times, although rarely, and we have laptops with nvidia cards, not ati.
do you have the model numbers handy?
or, better yet, some dxdiag files?

Phourc

03-02-2012

Man, *still* hunting this bug down?

Magical Magi

03-02-2012

Is riot unable to replicate this bug or just don't know how to fix it?

Keltarrant

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADKILLA72 View Post
Driver hotfix: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...16bHotfix.aspx

"Resolves the following issues:
Blue screen erorrs (BSOD) seen when connecting a HDMI and DisplayPort based display to an AMD Radeon HD graphics product when using AMD Catalyst 11.6
Screen flickering when the system is idle
Mouse pointer corruption found in previous AMD Catalyst releases"

It's been working for me..
This worked for me for a couple games now, only had time to play about 3 tonight. Thanks!