dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

azurefishie

02-20-2012

I can't quite figure out how to get the dxdiag but I'll try and have a friend help me. I have had this bug before but then it went away. It happened to me again today while I was running skype in the background. It happened after purchasing first items and I had to restart my computer. My cursor came back after that. I am running a laptop with AMD Vision.

Yuki Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

This bug still happens to me, how unfortunate.

Opreich

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
has anyone still had issues after installing that hotfix?
is there a similar solution for 5000-series cards that people have been using?

i'd be very interested to know if there are 'known fixes' for the issue. if so, we could start confidently spreading that information--even if it's only available for some of the affected.
also, if you're trying out a 'fix' for the first time and aren't confident about it, you should totally try them out in the co-op vs ai queue since the bots will force one of their dudes to afk at the fountain if someone disconnects (like to restart). it's much more forgiving environment than normal queue if you have to restart your computer if you happen to repro the bug.

thanks again for your contributions everyone!
Downloaded that fix and the problem is still occurring. D:

Risemix

02-21-2012

Riot, please address this bug.

If you aren't sure how it's happening, I can help you!

1. Get a laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 graphics card. This card is a repackaged ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. You can also try any card in the 5000 series as many seem to share this bug.
2. Play a few dominion games.
3. When the cursor changes color (like when mousing over an enemy target) to blue/green, there is a small chance your mouse will disappear/become garbled and hard to see.

That's really all there is to it. A very simple temporary fix for this bug would be an option that disables cursor color switching, which I find a little annoying anyway. It's not ideal, but I doubt there's another fix that Riot can reasonably make. The fact is, 5000-series cards have very well-documented issues with cursor image corruption and their patches haven't fixed the problem in many games.

This glitch isn't Riot's fault but that doesn't mean there's nothing you guys can do: implement a feature that disables the dynamic switching of the cursor image in-game.

vDead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Here's my dxdiag

Elysio

02-23-2012

So.. no fix yet? .. I still can't play in resolution over 1280 because of this bug.. if I use 1360 I get this bug all the time.

DonKine

02-23-2012

bump

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-23-2012
7 of 16 Riot Posts

thank you for the continuous stream of updates everyone!
i'm going to follow up with the team handling this issue and see how things are coming along.

i'll post updates as they become available.

Risemix

02-24-2012

Just lost another game because of this...

Tio Shadow

02-24-2012

Having the same problem here for a while...
I use an ATI/AMD card too (Radeon HD4650 Mobile), I'll get the dxdiag later.

Btw, I'm not really sure, but most of the time when it happens my cursor is at the bottom-right corner of the screen... probably doesn't have any relation, but still, worth mentioning.