dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

02-13-2012

You know how your mouse changes to a green color when you mouseover things?

I noticed it today at the beginning of a game. Then, at some point during a match, I moused over another player, and bam, mouse gone.

It probably has something to do with the mouse graphic changing. My guess anyway.

Nuke62

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
hello all,

today i received a report of 'unable to reproduce' regarding the disappearing cursor bug that affects only dominion players. since i browse this forum somewhat regularly, i find this particularly disheartening news since i still see posts saying that the issue is alive and kicking.

in hopes to get this resolved, i'd like to make a request of anyone that can reproduce this issue (intentionally or otherwise):
please reply to this thread and let us know how often you see this issue, describe the circumstances under which the bug occurs, and attach a dxdiag.txt report from the computer that has the issue. the dxdiag.txt is particularly great.

if you're not sure how to get a dxdiag report, here are some basic steps:
1. select the 'run...' option from the windows start menu. (search for 'run' if it's not a default option.)
2. in the 'open' field, type 'dxdiag' and click 'ok'.
3. after the directx diagnostic tool finishes generating the report, click 'save all information...'
4. attach the text document to a forum post.

the most sought-after information would be a solid reproduction--it would be tremendously helpful. if you can give us any other supplemental information such as video settings, any potentially relevant programs you have running (fraps, xsplit, etc), performance information (framerate/latency information from the client--ctrl+f enables it by default), etc it would be the greatest.

thanks in advance to anyone that can spare the time to help out. i'd really love to make this issue a thing of the past.
hello

My username is Nuke62 i am willing to have you watch me in a game/record/monitor anything to find it. I reproduce this bug every single time but mine is different... I cant really describe it due to really hard description. plz contact.

LegendaryEnemy

02-14-2012

I am downloading the amd hotfix and I was able to disable ai by going to my catalyst control center

graphics>3D>All> Check "Disable AI"

I am not sure if this will work or not but its worth a try. I've been getting this bug in just about every first game I have, my mouse comes back about 5-10 minutes later but all choppy. Once the mouse is in a broken state It never dissappears again so I can go on to play as normally. I've gotten pretty good at buying things and moving/aiming abilities without my mouse just by pulling around the screen and right click spamming, but its still a pretty tiresome issue.

LegendaryEnemy

02-14-2012

Had another thought.

I play on a laptop. When the screen is idle for a long time i can't get my screen to come back up without hardbooting my computer, yet just as its shutting down the screen shows again. If I look reaaaly closely and shine a light on it I can see my screen. I wonder if anyone else has this issue and if it is related to the Dominion bug. I was curious as I noticed this was an issue the hotfix was aimed at correcting.

DonKine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

bump, other defeat thx this fking bug T_T

drmon

02-16-2012

In the meantime could we perhaps get a LoL client build that uses system cursors exclusively?

v GomDol2 v

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

I have this bug every 6 games out of 10 in dominion..its really annoying part ever..
cant purchase items, cant upgrade skills and unable to target ...
i needa help....

The Fizznity

02-20-2012

Some notes:

I was poppy bot, I *think* it dissapeared when hovering over a champ to attack them (katarina, low health, she was running into their base), and it reappeared (sliced up -- see next point) when hovering on the quarry cap point. It doesn't do this reliably though.

Sometimes the cursor re-appears but is garbled (looks like someone sliced the cursor vertically a bunch then reordered some of the slices) -- if it isn't fixed by the end of the game I have to restart my computer to fix the cursor (whether completely gone or just garbled)

I don't have the surface format optimization toggle in Catalyst AI, and turning Cat AI completely off didn't help.

Risemix

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Some notes:

I was poppy bot, I *think* it dissapeared when hovering over a champ to attack them (katarina, low health, she was running into their base), and it reappeared (sliced up -- see next point) when hovering on the quarry cap point. It doesn't do this reliably though.

Sometimes the cursor re-appears but is garbled (looks like someone sliced the cursor vertically a bunch then reordered some of the slices) -- if it isn't fixed by the end of the game I have to restart my computer to fix the cursor (whether completely gone or just garbled)

I don't have the surface format optimization toggle in Catalyst AI, and turning Cat AI completely off didn't help.
I think it has to do with the cursor changing colors on mouseover. Can we have an option to disable this?

DonKine

02-20-2012

bump U_U