dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elysius

02-12-2012

Bump

Southall

02-12-2012

Attempted to repro this. I was running the game with the riot forums and some youtube videos running in the background on chrome. I was playing in a custom match by myself, and used no champion skills when reproducing the bug. Catalyst AI still turned on.

The bug appears to occur when you are capturing or on the way to capture a control point. I've noticed that the closest I can get to a solid repro is keeping the mouse in the bottom right of the screen, on top of the ping buttons/minimap, while capturing/moving to capture a point.

Doing the same thing seems to make the cursor reappear (occasionally). This bug seems to be really difficult to reproduce, and really intermittent - sometimes the cursor will disappear for only a few seconds before coming back, and sometimes it'll be fifteen minutes (or more) just running back and forth capturing points before it first disappears!

(edit: quick note, in order to repro the bug, you don't need to fully capture a point. It seems to disappear well before that - usually when the champion starts the capture animation.)

Zebulone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Driver hotfix: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...16bHotfix.aspx

"Resolves the following issues:
Blue screen erorrs (BSOD) seen when connecting a HDMI and DisplayPort based display to an AMD Radeon HD graphics product when using AMD Catalyst 11.6
Screen flickering when the system is idle
Mouse pointer corruption found in previous AMD Catalyst releases"

It's been working for me..

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-12-2012
6 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADKILLA72 View Post
Driver hotfix: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst116bHotfix.aspx

"Resolves the following issues:
Blue screen erorrs (BSOD) seen when connecting a HDMI and DisplayPort based display to an AMD Radeon HD graphics product when using AMD Catalyst 11.6
Screen flickering when the system is idle
Mouse pointer corruption found in previous AMD Catalyst releases"

It's been working for me..
has anyone still had issues after installing that hotfix?
is there a similar solution for 5000-series cards that people have been using?

i'd be very interested to know if there are 'known fixes' for the issue. if so, we could start confidently spreading that information--even if it's only available for some of the affected.
also, if you're trying out a 'fix' for the first time and aren't confident about it, you should totally try them out in the co-op vs ai queue since the bots will force one of their dudes to afk at the fountain if someone disconnects (like to restart). it's much more forgiving environment than normal queue if you have to restart your computer if you happen to repro the bug.

thanks again for your contributions everyone!

Risemix

02-13-2012

If you're using a 6550M, you don't have to restart your computer. You can merely alt+f4 to exit the game briefly (after explaining the problem to your team mates of course), right click the desktop, and click "Configure Switchable Graphics." Change to power-saving, and then back to high-performance GPU, and then reconnect to the game. Takes all of about 15 seconds.

Risemix

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
has anyone still had issues after installing that hotfix?

i'd be very interested to know if there are 'known fixes' for the issue. if so, we could start confidently spreading that information--even if it's only available for some of the affected.
also, if you're trying out a 'fix' for the first time and aren't confident about it, you should totally try them out in the co-op vs ai queue since the bots will force one of their dudes to afk at the fountain if someone disconnects (like to restart). it's much more forgiving environment than normal queue if you have to restart your computer if you happen to repro the bug.

thanks again for your contributions everyone!
1. I installed the above driver fix and I still get the cursor bug.
2. The option change for the AI CCC suggested by someone earlier in this thread doesn't exist for me, so I can't test it. My card must not support that change.

I am still experiencing the cursor bug with even more frequency. Dominion won't be playable for me for now, I think.

Zebulone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

The hotfix worked for me all week long when I was getting the bug almost every game beforehand. Just got the bug again today so I guess it was some strange coincidence. Figured it had worked.. ;_;

Edit: You can add cursor trailing on max low in the control panel if you want to fix it and keep playing asap. It makes the cursor look a tiny bit laggy but it works. I don't even notice it in game anymore.

I've also heard that if you change profiles in MSI Afterburner it fixes the cursor.

fellykins

02-13-2012

Quote:
1. I installed the above driver fix and I still get the cursor bug.
2. The option change for the AI CCC suggested by someone earlier in this thread doesn't exist for me, so I can't test it. My card must not support that change.

I am still experiencing the cursor bug with even more frequency. Dominion won't be playable for me for now, I think.
disabling catalyst ai totally is worth a shot. if there isnt an option in your ccc i believe you can still create a game profile for lol with the ai disabled.

warlord 1050

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
I have a 5000-series mobile card.
my dominion cursor bug problem was resolved after reinstalling graphics driver.
Initially after reinstalling the same driver over the old install (weird).
Later updated the graphics driver to version 12.1 still dominon cursor (currently) bug free.

You should have received all info you need from me via custom support a few weeks ago.

Risemix

02-13-2012

6550M is a redux of a 5000-series mobile card, yeah.

Disabled A.I. entirely, still bugging out.