Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

dominion cursor bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fellykins

02-11-2012

heya, i did a bit of digging, and tried changing this option. i havent had the bug since. it seems that the bug is just ati cards? but i dont know if everyone has this option or not..

open the catalyst control center, go to gaming>3d application settings. under 'catalyst a.i' untick 'enable surface format optimization'

Furt4d0

02-11-2012

****ing bump... Just had a game ruined by this bug. The thing is I always had this, it's been happening since dominion was launched, I'd say somewhere around 30% of all my dominion games

LolitsTom

02-11-2012

Played Dominion again for the first time in about 3 or so months. Had the issue happen to me twice. Just letting you guys know that it's still around.

xSchwarzenegger

02-11-2012

bump

fellykins

02-11-2012

did you try the fix i suggested? i'm curious if it works for more people than just me..

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-11-2012

Quote:
fellykins:
did you try the fix i suggested? i'm curious if it works for more people than just me..

i'm also curious...

Xarkanadushak

02-11-2012

Quote:
fellykins:
heya, i did a bit of digging, and tried changing this option. i havent had the bug since. it seems that the bug is just ati cards? but i dont know if everyone has this option or not..

open the catalyst control center, go to gaming>3d application settings. under 'catalyst a.i' untick 'enable surface format optimization'

applied the fix and so far so good, but it only happens rarely for me, so i won't know for a month or so. just for anyone having trouble finding the setting as i did, you need to go preferences and switch to advanced view, if you haven't already

Magical Magi

02-11-2012

Quote:
fellykins:

All I have under Catalyst A.I. is "Disable Catalyst A.I." with a slider that goes from Standard to Advanced. That's unchecked as default. I don't see enable surface format optimization anywhere.

Running Catalyst 12.1

Afroman606

02-11-2012

Quote:
fellykins:

Hey, I went to try, but I dont have the exact setup,
maybe I have a different version of ATI card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 [Default LCD])

-anyways, i found 3D --> A.I. tab -->
and i can check mark a box for "Disable Catalyst A.I."
and if I leave that option unchecked,
I can switch Catalyst A.I. between "Standard" and "Advanced"

soo, mmmm, Wat Do?

Edit: post above me ninja'd, what he said ^

fellykins

02-11-2012

ah right. i have a radeon 6870, and that particular option only seems to appear on the 6000 series cards.
i guess try checking the disable catalyst ai. as far as i can tell it doesnt generally have a big impact on anything (*i think*) and a lot of other programs seem to have problems with it as well..

but, er, twiddle all the knobs and see if it fixes.. sorry i cant be much more help..