dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-07-2012
4 of 16 Riot Posts

thanks for the info everyone! i'm going to give these updates to the guys working on this.
feel free to continue providing information since we'll likely revisit this thread if we need more info down the road.

Afroman606

02-07-2012

interesting, the times that i remember:

- I have been on the left side team

- Happened to me in bot lane and top right area

- I always have Skype and Sticky Notes running in the background

- I always close my browser(s) and other active programs

- Windows 7, ATI

Xarkanadushak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

ati mobility graphics card
issue happens completely at random, but more often if i'm lagging (downloading in background or just a poor connection) about 50% of the time closing and reopening LOL fixes it, the rest it stays even when LOL is closed and i have to do a full reboot to fix, have tried the cursor tail and hide text, and cursor tail fixes it outside of LOL client, but not in.

as a temp fix for people experiencing it, any target ability will make the cursor blue (still line shaped) and this makes it easier to see, and you can still move if not play 100% well

p.s. this seems to be a long running problem with ati drivers
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/27...rsor-distorted

AlpenRR

02-08-2012

Man I hope you guys get it fixed... this bug has been ruining my games since september

xSchwarzenegger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

glad this is open again i posted several things about this a long time ago and it was never fixed....did the dxdiag file also the last riot person asked us to do that and then never replied again. I really miss dominion :'(

xSchwarzenegger

02-08-2012

please post this in the patch notes or something when its fixed or make an announcement i can't play dominion with the bug without letting my team down because of that stupid mouse glitch

Para

02-08-2012

Hey rickless, I know you're quite the avid player for Dominion. If you do not mind, I would like to play with you sometime if possible.

Political Squid

02-09-2012

Wow, I thought this bug was just me, good to know (kind of) that I'm not going crazy.

Some other things I've noticed and/or read about on forums about this specific event:

- Its ATI only (maybe even only mobile cards

- Most people outside of LoL have reported it happening after connecting to a secondary monitor for the first time. It doesn't matter whether or not the secondary monitor is connected at the time of the bug, its the event of connecting the second monitor (and possibly downloading the drivers associated with it) NOTE: This may possibly not be connected, but I wanted to include everything I've seen just in case

- I've had it occur on both teams and irrelevant of position. Like people have said, the time before it comes back is random, but usually before the game is over. I've had ONE instance of it staying past a game of Dominion, and closing LoL doesn't work for me. If I can't get it fixed inside that game of LoL, i have to restart my computer.

- Once it happens, it tends to occur more frequently. I can go weeks without it never happening, but the second it does, it happens every few games (at that point, I take it as a sign to go to bed). EDIT: Now that I've said that, maybe it has something to do with the card overheating in conjunction with something else? It normally doesn't happen until I've had a long streak of continuous games (Since Dom games from queueing to finish take 30-45 minutes, I'll say maybe 15-16 games?)

- I play with smartcasting, and while it seems like its been happening to people who don't use smartcasting, I will say that all of my missing cursors have occured on characters who have AoE casts (Brand, LB [Her blink is an AoE, albeit tiny] in particular I have problems with).

- The former being said, I've never had my cursor disappear while casting. Its just always sort of ... gone. The one time I've had an OBVIOUS event occur before a disappear was when Steam minimized the game to inform me of some group event starting, and upon immediate maximize, the cursor was bugged out. It was fine UNTIL I remaximized the game, though.

Something that has helped me deal with the bug in game and still be productive is to use attack-moves. The attack move cursor for whatever reason still works, and that way I can see my mouse 80% of the time, and can use my skills still. It only becomes a problem when buying items, but some slow movements and eyeballing can normally get me what I need.

I've yet to find a way to reliably reproduce or fix it, but if I do I'll send the report your way. I wish you good luck in your efforts to fix it, as like others have said, its essentially a 4v5 if that happens, maybe a 4.5v5 if I'm having a GREAT day.

Elysius

02-09-2012

I've tried many things to find a way to fix this problem.. the thing is that my gf always had this problem in Dominion.. she was playing in 1360x1024 resolution if I remember right.

So I tried to play at that same resolution and guess what.. I had the mouse cursor bug for the 1st time since I play LoL ( like 2 or 3 months )

So of course I think now that the problem is not drivers.. some resolutions seems to have problems because if I play in 1280x768 or 1280x960 the mouse cursor bug never happens.

I hope some user can try this.. at least in my case the bug appears when I use a 13xx resolution.. with 12xx just doesn't bug at all.. at least since I play Dominion.

PS: maybe using some others 4:3 resolutions could help also.. just have to try it

Elysius

02-10-2012

Bump.. if anyone knows the reason for this bug or any fixes post it here