dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undiluted Fart

12-03-2012

Fixing this is actually quite easy.

-Go to Start>Search "mouse">Click Mouse>Pointer Options>Turn Trails On (on lowest settings)
-Then in a game Esc>Video>Borderless

That should fix your problem.

If your screen goes to the right bottom corner, to fix that, right click your taskbar and click on "Properties". Then check or uncheck "auto-hide the toolbar". Then click Apply.

Flandre ScarIet

12-22-2012

I find that just restarting your computer seems to fix it.

Nefarious SiN

12-25-2012

It happens to me on a daily basis. I have to restart my machine to get my mouse back. also one time it happened I hit the Y button,and it brought the courser back. I have not been able to make the Y button trick work again..This is a lame bug ;-/

solsword

01-18-2013

Just undid it in-game, though I'm not sure how repeatable this is: I lined up a capture point with the right-hand edge of the screen (I was on the left-hand team and used the mid capture point). Then I moved the mouse over the point and it gave me a normal cursor back. Again, I'm not sure whether this is reproducible, etc. but as far as reproducing the bug and reverting it in-game, I'd say try mousing over capture points at the edge of your screen.

If it's useful my DxDiag is at:

http://pastebin.com/NPZnMixq

superczhunk

01-26-2013

I have had this happen every 4th or 5th game, and it's the reason I stopped playing Dominion. Played a game just now since it had been so long and it happened when when we were coming back from a 35-115 loss. Ended up losing by the time I restarted.

For me, it seems to happen near towers. Most of the time it's from me trying to click the tower to capture it. The cursor disappears, then may or may not return as a vertical line of stacked triangles, similar to a saw blade. I don't think it's ever happened in shorter games, or games with little to no interaction. It tends to happen when there is a lot going on near a turret and if my cursor is clicking anywhere near for capturing. I can pretty much guarantee a reproduction as long as I am near a turret or there is a lot of action near one.

I'd really like to play Dominion again, but I can't stand this bug. It has cost my team too many losses, especially comeback losses.

inFe eD

01-26-2013

Eh, I've been playing with this bug for months. Just do what solsword says to fix it; takes about 10-15 seconds to fix it once you get used to it. It's aggravating and really should have been addressed by now, but it's not a dealbreaker.

naotasan

01-26-2013

Time for Riot to hit this issue again!

Alan Lyxion

01-26-2013

You don't know how happy I am now that I've found out it wasn't only me. :')

Alright, did that thing. Not sure if it's any help, but it happened to me and I did that. So, here you go.

Attachment 600437

Stefftabs

01-27-2013

Well it seems random when this bug happens but, it is only on Dominion.

Veni13

01-27-2013

Happy one year anniversary to this thread. This seriously needs to be addressed by Riot.