dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pegu1610

08-23-2012

Bumb...

HopeIdunLose

08-23-2012

Fix pls an no response from red in a while.

xXJenkXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

I was hopeful that it was fixed from the last time we got a red post saying they worked on a potential fix. I even tested it on the PBE, but after coming back from not playing for several months I find out it never got fixed

MegaBlitoX

08-24-2012

Big problem when game with very long range skills.

Political Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Sitting here with it right now. I know it has something to do with mousing over the turrets.

EDIT: Well, it definitely has to do with the bottom left tower. I created a custom Dominion game (with the bug) and scrolled over to the bottom left tower. The second I hit the refinery, it was fixed.

PoorLepRecon

08-24-2012

Bump.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-24-2012
16 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modél View Post
@ricklessabandon i looked into this a while ago and the cause is an ATI radeon graphics card. maybe you already knew that and you are looking for WHY it happens on ati radeon graphics cards but if you didn't this should be very useful information.
yeah, based on all the information we've been getting from the forums, we're pretty sure that this is directly related to hardware (which makes the issue tricky to diagnose and resolve). i mean...tricky is probably an understatement at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysius View Post
I know why this problems happens.. and this can occur in SR also.. depends only in what resolution you are playing.. my gf can't play Dominion in her highest resolution 1360xsomething because the cursor dissapears all the time.. bu if she plays in a lower resolution this problem never happens

People with this problem try to lower the resolution a little and see if this happens again.. at least my gf never had this cursor bug in a lower resolution than 1360xsomething
wait, you've seen this on summoner's rift? how frequently, and under what circumstances?

BuzzJack

08-25-2012

I'd like to mention I've had this bug occur once or twice, but it only occurred when I was playing on a laptop. I also have 2 family members that play LoL on laptops, and they have this bug happen on occasion.

Although I should mention the desktop computer I use is custom built, and this bug does not occur on it. So it may not be only laptop related.

But I could see what model the laptops are if that would help.

HopeIdunLose

08-25-2012

It is probably 100% related to AMD laptop graphics. Why can't riot just buy an old 5xxx series mobile graphics laptop and solve it there? I'm no programmer or anything so I have no idea.

The Fizznity

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysius View Post
I know why this problems happens.. and this can occur in SR also.. depends only in what resolution you are playing.. my gf can't play Dominion in her highest resolution 1360xsomething because the cursor dissapears all the time.. bu if she plays in a lower resolution this problem never happens

People with this problem try to lower the resolution a little and see if this happens again.. at least my gf never had this cursor bug in a lower resolution than 1360xsomething
Waaaait a minute, the pc where I did have these problems was also 1366x768. Maybe that's contributing?