dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

07-05-2012

Sauron, was he on left side or right side of the map?

It happens to me most often when I'm playing bot lane on the left side. When my mouse passes over the turret after it has been taken (so I'm trying to cap it, or any other reason that might happen) and the mouse changes colors, it corrupts and vanishes.

Unfortunately I don't have the option of changing my drivers, infeed. I'm using an HP Laptop with switchable graphics, so the drivers are provided by my laptop manufacturer. There's a hack that allows you to install desktop drivers on your laptop, but it doesn't work very well and is more trouble than it's worth under usual circumstances, but I'll try it. If it works (no mouse problems) I'll post a guide on how to do it here.

FullMentalJacket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

Just had it happen to me as well, but not until the game was almost over.
Mouse is still bugged though, even after exiting the client, changing my cursor, etc.

inFe eD

07-07-2012

Any updates? Still not fixed as of the Jayce patch.

InciSion

07-08-2012

I just lost a clear win game because of this ridiculous bug, I have an ATI Radeon 5770

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

07-08-2012
14 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Any updates? Still not fixed as of the Jayce patch.
i'll follow up on this on monday.

Shangra

07-08-2012

Yes, every patch I have to hotfix the AMD/ATI driver so I can play dominion. When the cursir bug occurs I have to reboot my pc to get it to go away.

Travistyse

07-09-2012

Ha, funny this should come up..

I was playing on my laptop the other day, because my family and I went up to the beach and stayed in a hotel, (it was soo nice) but two games in my cursor turned into a dashed line WHEN I could see it.. it wasn't much of a problem because I could guess and check where it was by clicking, but when I tried to buy things the cursor simply wasn't there. I couldn't buy anything :l and when I alt tabbed the cursor was still a dashed line.. so I was like. Well darn.. and I told everyone what was happening, and by mid game I was just getting my ass handed to me (Prospector's and boots while everyone else has at least 4,000+ gold in items..) so I told everyone I was going to try to fix the issue, but as soon as I hit shut down there were about a billion updates.. ._. dammit Microsoft and your updates..
My laptop has an ATI card, but I honestly can't remember which. Just figured I'd share my story.

Travistyse

07-09-2012

"It happens to me most often when I'm playing bot lane on the left side. When my mouse passes over the turret after it has been taken (so I'm trying to cap it, or any other reason that might happen) and the mouse changes colors, it corrupts and vanishes."

Ha, coincidentally, (I know this wasn't addressed to me at all) this was the first time this has ever happened to me, and I was Jax bot lane for the left side (blue team). Everything was fine until I capped our bottom tower.. then it all went to ****

h0tkarl

07-10-2012

what the motherf˙ck man. GET YOUR SHlT TOGETHER

its been a YEAR and this SHlT is still happening to me every other game

just tried to play a relaxing game of dominion after four f˙cking losses on summoners rift ranked, and i f˙cking get the bug at start of game and have to f˙cking derp around in spawn area while apologising to my team who will all probably report me

JUST AFTER I BOUGHT 50 DOLLARS OF RP

HOW THE SHlT IS A BUG LIKE THIS NOT FIXED YET? I WORK IN QA FOR GODS SAKE

HopeIdunLose

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i'll follow up on this on monday.
follow up!