dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stopkilling0

06-14-2012

Bump. I also run into this problem daily, and it has been happening to me roughly... 1 out of 6 games. Yes I lose that game and thats enough to rage, but the worst part is when I exit the client, the cursor is still bugged and even by changing settings in Microsoft mouse I cannot get it to unbug without system reboot. Now, this may seem like not that big of a problem, but my laptop isn't the best out there, I dont have money for a $400 liquid cooling system (prlly cuz I buy so many skins >.>), so my laptop has cooling problems. System reboots damage my hardware because of high cpu usage at start up. Please fix, I love dominion because I dont have the time for 40+ min games every day but, I can not play the game with this current bug, lest I have to buy a new computer.
And if you check out the forums it seems that people playing DOTA and HON are experiencing this problem, coincidence? ATI/AMD forums have had threads addressing this issue dating back to January 2010, with no fixes listed other than user specific fixes which I will state here in order of how successful people were with the "fix".
-Uninstalling all graphics drivers and reverting to factory drivers
-(Win7) Locking the screen, then unlocking it via Start>Lock
-Shaking the mouse across the screen quickly
-Opening web browsers
-Moving mouse over system tray

Bardov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

I only started playing dominion a few days ago, say 4 days before my post tops. I encounter this problem, almost every game. It usually sorts itself out somehow after a few minutes but its still a major handicap. One thing I've noticed is unlike others reports of the mouse cursor remaining garbled in some way after its sorted out, my cursor returns to normal, as if nothing ever happened. And yes, I have a mobility ati card.

Stopkilling0

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardov View Post
I only started playing dominion a few days ago, say 4 days before my post tops. I encounter this problem, almost every game. It usually sorts itself out somehow after a few minutes but its still a major handicap. One thing I've noticed is unlike others reports of the mouse cursor remaining garbled in some way after its sorted out, my cursor returns to normal, as if nothing ever happened. And yes, I have a mobility ati card.
same, my cursor doesn't "disappear" per say, more like it becomes corrupted and looks like a bunch of tinier versions of itself. I wonder if this will ever actually get solved >.>

Phourc

06-23-2012

So this is people confirming still in as of the June 20 patch?

Wonder if we can get rickless to see if his 'behind the scenes' change went out this patch or is still waiting on the next one...

Risemix

06-24-2012

Yes, confirmed as still happening.

royh

06-26-2012

Please fix!!!! Since june 20 patch too!!

Sauron

06-26-2012

Happened to inFe eD last night when I was fighting him in bot lane. He had to do a complete restart and the game was over by the time he got his cursor back.

And yes just like everyone else he was on a laptop with an ATI Mobile card.

I can only speculate at the cause, but it should be worth looking at the game code that handles cursor changes such as the capture timer countdown for when you get interrupted. SR also has cursor changes but nothing pulling info from a debuff state like that.

inFe eD

06-26-2012

Confirmed - bug hit me within 3 games after I updated my ATI drivers to hopefully fix the Bugsplat problem that's been causing me to randomly crash since the patch. In a display of true cosmic irony, my cursor went invisible, and THEN I got hit with a bugsplat crash when I tabbed out to try to fix it. I don't like the 6/20 patch much.

Strangely enough, I've been running the same setup for months and only had the disappearing cursor issue immediately after I updated my ATI drivers. I've reverted the drivers now, because having an invisible cursor really does make the game unplayable. If there was a hotfix in the latest patch, it didn't work, or at least not for me.

Phourc

06-26-2012

Alright soo... next patch hopefully ):

Raikiro

07-04-2012

I still get this bug it drives me insane