dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

05-25-2012

Dear Riot
I will ship you my laptop. :|

Zooboomoopoo

06-08-2012

I think I know how to reproduce the bug if you still haven't figured that out, Riot:

Place your cursor off-screen at the right-hand edge near the bottom (where the minimap would be, if you have it laid out like that) and use it to scroll the map/cursor to the right over a turret. The turret should be lying underneath the minimap area and the cursor should be going over the turret when this happens.

I'm not sure if this is exactly how it is triggered, but attempting it a few times seems to reverse the bug whenever it happens to me, so I suspect it will trigger the bug as well.

You may just want to play around with the cursor placement and which particular turret you hover over just to be thorough, but I know the middle-right, bottom-right, and bottom-left turrets have triggered the bug for me. (Sorry, I don't remember the names of the turret locations.) It definitely seems to have something to do with the turrets and map-scrolling over them as they go from off-screen to on-screen.

Also, I've mainly played Dominion co-ops, so whatever color that team is is the one I'm on (Blue team? Maybe? Who's got two thumbs and is colorblind? *THIS* guy.)

Oh, and my laptop uses an AMD M880G Chipset with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

06-10-2012
12 of 16 Riot Posts

hey guys, i'll haven't confirmed with the dev team that worked on the changes, but i believe there are some behind-the-scenes changes to the cursor currently on pbe. if anyone has had issues with the dominion cursor bug in the past, and have been playing some dominion games on the pbe this weekend, let me know if you've seen it happen at all.

if you haven't been playing on the pbe, then i'll be bumping this thread for more anecdotal reports after our next patch to the live environments.

thanks!

Vriska Serket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

Was not playing on PBE but the cursor bug just happened *i can still actually see the squiggly lines were my mouse courser should be*

HaIfhearted

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
and have been playing some dominion games on the pbe this weekend
The problem with playing Dominion on the PBE is that NO ONE plays Dominion on the PBE.
The queue times on the PBE are worse than 2k+ elo draft queues in the regular client.

I would LOVE to play Dom on the PBE to check for bugs in the mode and stuff, but practically speaking I just can't.

DiscworldDeath

06-10-2012

Custom game 1v1 or custom games with all the rest being bots, just to check, is about the only way.

K4mui

06-12-2012

I've just noticed this thread so i wanted to add one thing, it might help somehow (if it's somewhere here already, sorry for repeating):

There is one permanent solution to this bug - it works for me. If u uninstall all the ati drivers from system (up to the moment there are no drivers detected by windows), and than install drivers from windows update only (no catalysts from amd site), the cursor bug will never appear.

Before that i had bug every second game (or something like that), but after this fix, it hasn't happened for around 2 months.

It's not the best solution, since u deprive yourself of newest graphic drivers, but i hope it can give some clues for tracking the bug.

xXJenkXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Ok, so, I didn't do an actual game on the PBE. However, I did do a custom on both the regular servers and the PBE by myself to see if I could get the cursor bug to happen(it happens to me fairly frequently).

On the regular servers I got it to happen by having my mouse move the screen while also move over the lightning shrine in the middle of the map. It did work, but I was worried I would be missing my mouse like usual if I exited out of the game at that point, so I did the same thing and I got my mouse back after a few tries. However after that I couldn't get it to happen anymore in that custom (kinda usual, I've only had it change multiple times in a game twice before: once on an enemy champ and once on the shrine).

On the PBE I tried the exact same thing, and got absolutely no results. No mouse changes what so ever (granted, I only sat there trying for like 5 minutes tops).

Hope that counts for something!

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

06-13-2012
13 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidamarufn139 View Post
Hope that counts for something!
i think we'll find out for sure when we release the patch and get a lot more games on it from players that had the issue before.
thanks for checking in the meantime--it's comforting to know that it wasn't broken in your tests.

Gypsy Eyes

06-14-2012

I heard that this is a recurring issue for people with certain types of gfx cards. it really seems to happen randomly but I'm not a programmer, so maybe there's some kind of stimulus. it happened twice in my last game and once in this one.

every time it happens to me I have to either wait till the cursor reappears (which can take anywhere from 2 minutes to.. the full length of a dominion round), or restart my ENTIRE computer. because the cursor doesn't just disappear on client, it disappears on my entire pc.

maybe it's because i'm not a programmer, but it seems REALLY stupid that this is STILL an issue. how long has this map been out? months. it's a horribly debilitating problem that makes gameplay nigh impossible. I think I can speak for at least about 99% of the community when I say that we care less about op new champs every week than the client being functional. I know everyone rages about this, and no, I can't offer a solution, and yes, the game is free, but that's not an excuse to release a bugged product and then not fix it :|
I'm REALLY not trying to be hostile, but come on, guys... it's not getting any better and dominion isn't getting any newer. inb4 "UMAD?" "LOL NERD RAGE" "LOL VIRGIN"... because yes, this issue makes me nerd rage. I apologize for the slightly nasty tone, this is just really frustrating.