dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

05-21-2012
10 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Magi View Post
Hey rickless, where's the update? Have you forgotten about this?
no, i definitely haven't forgotten about this, but i have been negligent on relaying information back to those affected--sorry about that.

i want to talk to a few developers and/or producers this week and find out what the realistic expectations are for the future of this issue. this bug has been around since dominion launched, and this thread has been collecting information for months now. at this point, i'd really like to give a more substantial update just as i'm sure everyone is wanting to hear one. once that's been sorted out, i'll post an update here.

Enosense

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

I think that having an option that makes it so the cursor doesn't change when a capture point is hovered over would band-aid fix the problem until the bug is fixed.

Risemix

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enosense View Post
I think that having an option that makes it so the cursor doesn't change when a capture point is hovered over would band-aid fix the problem until the bug is fixed.
Yes, been pushing for this...

vivalacoprofagia

05-21-2012

and i thought i was going mad, good thing is known bug

PerFeCtiOnzZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

It's quite strange that this problem is only happening to people that have AMD cards (mostly ATI Mobility), I still find this point to be invalid. If that was the problem, than players with AMD cards should also experience cursor issues in Summoners Rift and Twisted Treeline but that's not the case now is it? It is 100 % clear that their is a problem with the Dominion Map. It could literally be anything e.g. mouse hovering over capture point, or over an enemy target, or relics, or hovering over the minimap.
I feel Dominion needs to be temporarily shut down while you guys sort this issue out by trial and error, especially in regards to the cursor changing while capturing points. I think the map may still have bugs where the edges may trigger the mouse to disappear. I have no knowledge in software or programming, but I know this problem shouldn't be so difficult as it is only happening in dominion and the amount of outcry from gamers should make this a high priority for riot to get together e.g. the producers and developers to make a quick fix and than to figure out a permanent fix. This will be good for business as their will be more players and balance in Dominion and also it will satisfy the dominion players. It is evident that not many people play dominion anymore which can be seen through long ques (meaning their are no players to match-make) and therefore the elo gaps are much higher causing higher chances of imbalance while getting matched.

It's been ruining the fun factor for this game and it's making us lose games that shouldn't have been a loss. I've only been loosing games like this sadly

Good luck in finding a fix. We really hope you can fix the issue ASAP !

ImsoMeow

05-22-2012

Seriously fix this. Do you know how annoying this is? It can be the decision between winning and losing like wth. How many more bugs do we have to suffer through?

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

05-25-2012
11 of 16 Riot Posts

hey everyone, i have an update on this issue.

we have a small behind-the-scenes change with cursors coming out in a couple of patches (two champions after darius if nothing major changes). the development team believes that this may address the dominion cursor bug. as expressed earlier, we've been unable to reproduce the issue so we don't have a 'fail case' to test this fix against.

whenever this change hits the pbe, i'll certainly be revisiting this thread and try to get players affected by the bug to play some dominion games with the changes and see if the issue is resolved.

inFe eD

05-25-2012

TY rick, it's nice to know there's one tireless warrior fighting for Dom players, at the very least.

Renegade Talon

05-25-2012

I feel so unabandoned Woot.

Phourc

05-25-2012

+1, yay potential fix!