dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

03-13-2012

I didn't get ti for a while, but out of no where I started getting it again. Most common with the bottom blue tower, when I'm scrolling over to it with my cursor on the edge of the screen.

Igasho

03-15-2012

So as I mentioned previously in my last post, in order to fix the bug I would go under Mouse Options > Pointer Options > Display Pointer Trails and turn this option ON to fix the problem of the missing cursor. As I also stated, I turned off the option just to see if the problem would come back.

Well low and behold the problem has returned, and the Pointer Trails continues to fix the problem. Now a few things to note:

1. I play in Windowed Full Screen Mode
2. I typically have Firefox running in the background
3. I tend to alt+tab a lot, during loading screens especially and/or during deaths and waiting for matches to start.
4. I've noticed the problem occur more when I have Video/Flash Players up on Firefox (such as watching Youtube, Hulu, Veeoh, etc.) Typically it's just background noise or music.
5. Drivers are up to date

xZMetalx

03-15-2012

I experienced this issue in every attempt to play dominion. Has never happened otherwise. I am also running an AMD Radeon graphics card.
I still have no pointer after exited LoL and the only way to return it is to restart the computer.
I returned the mouse pointer by checking the box in pointer options for "Display pointer tail" then reducing the trail to bare min. Testing it now to see if I can play dominion.
Riot, seriously, get on this. I am very disturbed to see THIS many posts and no clear resolution. You know its radeon mobility cards, take the time to figure it out.
Will add a note after testing my fix. (will include full steps and system stats)

Metalblazin

This did not fix the in game issue, but does allow me to see my pointer out of game (tabbed or exited)
After changing the option my mouse dissappeared in SR as well, very frustrating. Had to reset everything back to default and restart my comp just to play SR.
Mouse pointer options will NOT fix the issue.
It is my belief that Riot needs to patch the game in order to fix the issue with Radeon graphics cards.
I'm sure SOMEONE in the whole Riot team has or has access to a computer with a Radeon mobile graphics card.
Get to it.

My (brand new) Gateway NV55S computer specs:
CPU = AMD A6-3420M (quad core @ 1.5GHz)
GPU = AMD Radeon HD (Descrete class)
RAM = 6GB DDR3 (512mb dedicated)
OS = Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Metalblazin

DonKine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

bump T_T

SunderStorm

03-15-2012

I'd like to report that I also have a Lenovo Y560 with Mobility Radeon 6570, and I just got the glitch. Turns my cursor invisible. Temporarily fixed by sleeping/unsleeping computer.

DonKine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

bump, cmon riot,,,,,,

dazzel

03-17-2012

I get this bug when I'm holding down control when the game loads, its my TS bind, can reproduce.

Shangra

03-23-2012

I did the patch also and have played 4 games w/o problems.

InhaleMyLoveShot

03-25-2012

I'm still having this problem, I have an ATI graphic card on an Asus laptop. Tried the mouse pointer fix, but it didn't work. Please patch!

Fawxpaw

Recruiter

03-25-2012

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon as well, and the same cursor problem.

After trying for a couple hours in practice games to figure out what was triggering it, I could only reproduce it while moving the mouse to the edge of my screen AND have the cursor pass over a capture point while the viewing area moves. I glitched the cursor and fixed it several times in each game once I got the hang of it. Eventually, after several cycles, even the "fixed" version got corrupted and couldn't get it back to normal though.

Now that I know to avoid cap points when I scroll, I haven't gotten the glitch in 20+ games. Could still be coincidence, but I hope this helps anyone else out who has the issue.