dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Igasho

03-03-2012

I remember receiving this bug all the time, even after the AMD Catalyst Update (11.6). It would occur randomly, typically without warning, the cursor would just disappear and to fix the problem I would have to restart my computer. I typically had Firefox running in the background, but that was literally the only other program running. If I was lucky, sometimes the cursor would come back, but it would look like a graphical mess that was rather difficult to use.

Oddly enough I stumbled upon a solution given by some one on these forums in one of the various posts about the bug. Under Mouse Settings I made to sure to Check Mark the "Display Pointer Trails" option for my mouse. This fixed the problem immediately, it even converted the graphical mess of a cursor back to it's original form so I didn't have to restart my computer.

I do use an ATI Radeon 5800 series video card though, and even while playing SC2 and SWTOR I have noticed that the cursor also disappeared in those games as well. I haven't had this problem reoccur in SC2 for a very long time though, I believe they patched something or maybe it was the AMD Catalyst update that fixed it for me.

I've since updated to 12.1, but I also still have the Pointer Trails on (I don't even notice them to be honest). I'll turn them off and test a few Dominion games to see if my cursor disappears again.

Romdeau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2012

I've had this problem and I also use an ATI mobility card, it's a very devastating bug-to the point where I don't want to play dominion anymore. However, I can quick fix it by exiting my client and tweaking my graphics card settings in about 3 minutes. 3 minutes in Dominion is way too long...I don't even want to play anymore because it's so bad.

Alkraan

03-03-2012

That happens once a week to me, but it happens randomly. I dont see any pattern in this.

Psytrin1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

This bug is still a game wrecker...I stopped playing Dominion because of it, then started again just recently to find it again.

It only appears to happen to me when I am hovering over a capture point with a nearby champion.

Risemix

03-07-2012

Since I started using the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, I haven't had this happen.

H4VOK

03-08-2012

just happened to me at the very start of my game. i went bot and was hovering my cursor over the cap point/minimap on the bottom right hand corner of my screen when it happened. needless to say urgot decimated me at bot and my team wasnt too pleased with me. the cursor returned for no apparent reason in the last minute of the game.

i was running firefox, windows explorer, photoshop, ventrilo and the calculator whilst i was playing.

i have tried activating the mouse trail once before when this happened but it did nothing.

Risemix

03-08-2012

Just wanted to post again to say that after playing like 10 Dominion games straight, I have not experienced this bug using Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Prior to installing it, I would usually have to restart my computer every 3-4 games. I know it doesn't mean anything yet (small sample size etc) but it's encouraging.

DonKine

03-10-2012

Bump

Hyxios

03-12-2012

Lol after a few months stop playing Dom on my laptop, I started playing again and the dayum bug shown up again. Basically I cant see my cursor in game, in Windows it is corrupted. And yes I won't play any single Dom game again unless I hear a fix for this bug.

DonKine

03-13-2012

damm riot fix this fking bug T_T