Is Dominion ready for ranked?

Dominion should never have a ranked mode. 150 15.97%
I think it will be ready for ranked in the future. 331 35.25%
I think it is ready for ranked right now. 458 48.78%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Is Dominion ready for ranked?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2011

So many threads about it going on. Thought a poll would be a good thing to have.

Post why you voted what you voted as well.

I personally feel ranked would be fine right now. The meta, or whatever you want to call it, still needs some fine tuning but the basic idea for it is pretty solid.

Phourc

11-22-2011

I was going to make a similar thread due to a ton of threads being necro'd earlier xP

My thoughts are pretty straightforward:

Introducing a super-sexy team system and making it work on everything BUT dominion pretty much solidifies this as the 'no skill LoL' gametype that we've been trying to avoid since release.

I was cool with, and in fact defended, Riot for not releasing it before season 2, however now that that's come around, we need Ranked if we want to keep any amount of attention.

Phourc

11-22-2011

Bumping this topic, because I like the original post. Let's see some opinions n stuff!

IamWolframAlpha

11-23-2011

there is people how still dont know how to play dominion

UglyPete

11-23-2011

Ranked is needed so that dominion gets an established meta. Without an established meta Dominion can't be balanced. Between season 1 and season 2 SR had some pretty big changes with the jungle, masteries, and summoner spells. It's not like Riot can't make huge changes, or unwilling to start ranked with a preseason to test these changes...

Aikimiller

11-23-2011

The obvious argument against ranked in Dominion is that it isn't ready, there are too many balance things still out there to deal with, etc. That champs are balanced for SR, and because of this dominion will always be unbalanced.

I say the opposite- In order do deal with balance, and create a community of people aware of competetive level dominion play, Ranked needs to be implemented. If you build it, they will come. And then they will help you fix what you built and make it more awesome.

MMKH

11-23-2011

I would like to see ranked for Dom soon, but I'm not sure most players are ready for it. It took SR over a year including beta before they got to have ranked IMO. I don't think it will be at the same tryhard level as SR though, maybe because there are less pro teams or "celebrities" playing Dominion, thus they probably won't invest in Dominion very much in the competitive sense at least yet.

Ryconn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

i say that dominion need ranked but not yet...with season 2 having a prize pool of 5 mil Riot is completely focused on SR for now.

i would like to see ranked after this season so that it can rebound off of the success from the MLG tournys and have some giant prizes for dominion as well,

also this way Riot would have time to tamper with the balance a bit and get it ready for organized and competitive play

lbgsloan

11-23-2011

The player pool for Dominion has already dropped due to most SR players not taking it seriously and shunning it. Nobody plays normal draft because it takes five time longer to start a game for no real benefit. TT failed for many reasons, but one of the main ones IMO is that TT ranked was only availible for full premades. Tweaks to how Dominion draft works and soloq/duoq ranked is needed to prevent Dominion from becoming another TT. Even many casual players seem to have picked up the mindset of 'Dominion is for losers'.

Riot said they had more balance tweaks for Dominion planned, so hopefully they just want to tweak it further before allowing ranked.

Geekweezul

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I would like to see ranked for Dom soon, but I'm not sure most players are ready for it. It took SR over a year including beta before they got to have ranked IMO. I don't think it will be at the same tryhard level as SR though, maybe because there are less pro teams or "celebrities" playing Dominion, thus they probably won't invest in Dominion very much in the competitive sense at least yet.
It is true that it took SR over a year to get ranked, but that was just the very beginning of LoL. It was the first ranked implementation.

Now we know they have most of the logistics of ranked lined out, so I guess it's just a balance issue which I think will be easier to see if there is ranked.

Although I think it's ready for ranked now, I'm not opposed to waiting for ranked either. I'd rather it be done right than rushed.

1234511 ... 15