Why does RIOT even keep Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gwynbleidd43254

01-24-2012

Ok before I get started, and hopefully so people don't get the wrong idea, I personally prefer Twisted Treeline over Summoner's Rift and Crystal Scar, and in fact I basically always play 3's.

Ok now that I got that out of the way, why does RIOT not just remove 3's from the game, they obviously don't care about it at all. Seeing as they basically ignore this entire section of the forums and never made changes to the game type. I understand that there are others like me who prefer the game type over 5v5 but in all seriousness if they aren't even going to make the slightest changes or even give the fans of 3v3 the time of day to type even a basic reply, even if its just "we don't care about TT and will never make any changes" at least some statement from them would be better than just being outright ignored as the focus on the other gametypes.

Sorry after looking through the pages and realizing that there is a red post on page 1 and no others until page 12 of this section of the forum I had to vent my annoyance.

~Gwynbleidd43254

Troy L Jenkins

01-24-2012

I like and agree with the sentiment but I'd be really unhappy if they actually removed it. I've always preferred smaller groups than the standard 5+ man size teams that are typical in "team games."

Even though I dont play bots much, the news about them updating bots.. and ignoring TT per usual, reminded me of their apathy toward it once again recently. =/

Gwynbleidd43254

01-24-2012

Seeing that they ignored TT with the bots bugs me a lot, it shouldn't have been too much more effort to add them to TT. Ultimately all it would have taken is copying SR bot's code and making slight changes to their code, like what items they buy and how they move about the lanes. And I too would be upset if they were to remove 3v3 but at the same time it just feels like it might be better if they didn't keep it around if they aren't going to care in the slightest, its unfair to the people that enjoy it and frankly must be annoying for the people who end up hearing us complain that they don't care.

~Gwynbleidd43254

Undressed19

01-24-2012

I like TT better then SR and don't want it taken away by any means. RIOT just needs to start incorporating it into the creation of new champions.

Something I have wanted for quite some time is maybe a 4v4 type map. I'm not a huge fan of Dominion at all. I think it was a poor build on their part. They should just make improvements to TT and think of it when they make new champions.

Also, it gets poor reviews due to competitive imbalance. I think TT should be draft mode for every game. Champions like Trynamere and Sion can single handily win games. It just takes away some of the fun in my opinion.

Slasherr

01-24-2012

Truthfully they should come out with another map and game mode i think... i mean dominion is really fun and crystal scar is cool... but twisted tree line is just way to small.... they should make another map like summoners rift and have like a 6v6 or something

iTedRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynbleidd43254 View Post
Ok before I get started, and hopefully so people don't get the wrong idea, I personally prefer Twisted Treeline over Summoner's Rift and Crystal Scar, and in fact I basically always play 3's.

Ok now that I got that out of the way, why does RIOT not just remove 3's from the game, they obviously don't care about it at all. Seeing as they basically ignore this entire section of the forums and never made changes to the game type. I understand that there are others like me who prefer the game type over 5v5 but in all seriousness if they aren't even going to make the slightest changes or even give the fans of 3v3 the time of day to type even a basic reply, even if its just "we don't care about TT and will never make any changes" at least some statement from them would be better than just being outright ignored as the focus on the other gametypes.

Sorry after looking through the pages and realizing that there is a red post on page 1 and no others until page 12 of this section of the forum I had to vent my annoyance.

~Gwynbleidd43254
1: Because people like you and me still like to play TT regardless
2: Too much effort to remove it
3: You can't jungle with ever single champion, trinity force isn't as good an option to rush, and since there are only 3 opponents you can't really do 'tons of damage'.

Troy L Jenkins

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maese View Post
Truthfully they should come out with another map and game mode i think... i mean dominion is really fun and crystal scar is cool... but twisted tree line is just way to small.... they should make another map like summoners rift and have like a 6v6 or something
Since they JUST added dominion this will be awhile in comming, i think its more likely they'd add another map for dominion or SR rather than a new mode anytime soon. (a map called Magma Chamber has been hinted at for a long time, google it you'll find it)

But, this being the twisted treeline forum.. i'd rather hear about twisted treeline. (not trying to troll just , well yeah, TT forum and all)

Tornn Poys

02-09-2012

@Gwynbleidd43254 It is clear you have not done your research on this subject. Riot has made many changes (even if small) to TT due to this forum.
Also you don't seem to understand how hard it would be for Riot to put bots in TT. The bots themselves in the beginning were costly that is why there was so few. They then added many bots to SR and dominion, but why not TT? Because SR and dominion are much more popular than TT. It costs Riot money to have bots in game.
Please do some research before just spitting out what you think is wrong.