Crit dmg % runes on shaco worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinedBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Just wondering if it's worth 25,000 IP lol.
(46% crit strike dmg all together)

OORAH34

07-20-2010

Crit damage is a good buy because it makes Shaco 2-shot squishies and 4-shot tanks late game. It also works for early ganks. Plus, you can use those runes on Gangplank, Tryndamere, Master Yi, and Ashe for some roflstomping goodness. I personally would buy just the marks and maybe a quint or two. Note that any high-priced rune generally has good effects if you stack it since high price = long wait = better off in the long run.

Cryser

07-20-2010

It's long standing that crit runes are not as good as armor penetration runes. This of course changes after you reach a certain damage threshold, but it doesn't occur until SUPER late in the game.

I myself have an entire page of crit runes that I used to use for gangplank. I regret the decision and have been replacing them all with armor pen runes slowly but surely.

Until they buff crit runes I don't suggest.

xpsychedelico

07-20-2010

If you're bent on crit, crit chance runes are better than crit damage, and armor pen is of course superior to the two. You want to get a good balance of crit chance and armor pen.

LinedBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Just thought i'd throw this in, shaco has 100% crit chance when decieved; in theory crit chance runes are not needed. Ive calculated it now, i can crit, 100% (Decieve) + 46% (runes) + 100% (Sheen). I'd probably get around 1k crit mid game?

Correct me if im wrong :/

Controlled By Me

07-21-2010

Sheen doesn't work like that though.

It only adds 100% (Or 130% if it's a Trinity Force) of your base damage to your hit. That means your damage without any items, just what your character naturally has. Though, I'm not sure if this damage can also crit, but I think it doesn't. Someone would have to confirm that.

Also don't forget that Shaco deals additional damage when attacking from behind.

LinedBlood

07-21-2010

I forgot about infinity edge too, hmm so 196% crit dmg, and 130% base damage.. not bad lol

MatZilla

07-21-2010

isn't sheen 80% and lichbane 100% and max deceive 120%? just sayin

LinedBlood

07-21-2010

Yeah sheen is 80%, but 130% with triforce.
Idk where you got the max decieve 120% though, patch notes?