Rise of the Bot Army: Expanded Co-op vs. AI

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

That is a GREAT update. Thank you guys.
It could be nice to increase the time we could play against day per day too. And maybe lower the penalty against the advanced bots.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotYakaru View Post
Just wanted to chime in that it's nice to be able to finally talk about this with the player base and see it announced
And just to make sure everybody caught it, our goal was no explicitly harder bots -- they're smarter about the game but the difficulty should be in around the same area. We actually had to tone a few bots back to ensure that we kept things from getting out of hand (Tristana bot quadrakilling being the clearest example).
Hey, thansk for the TT option... Oh wait.

Sgt LiftMax

Recruiter

01-24-2012

I'll get excited when I see "Darksim" difficulty.

Ryuzaki xD

01-24-2012

Twisted treeline bots please.

sicdeath

01-24-2012

Good update. Great job. Thank You!

Coronach

Game Designer

01-24-2012
3 of 44 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksknight View Post
Is there really a big demand for more Coop vs Ai ? Cause that must have taken a lot of resources to work on...
There is, and it wasn't. We've hired a designer who has a background in AI development and an engineer who worked on Gears of War AI. This is just the start of the features we want to develop for Co-Op, but most of the team members aren't from other teams (myself excluded).

I'm really curious to see what players want us work on next for Co-Op.

Heartlis

01-24-2012

Quote:
Just wanted to chime in that it's nice to be able to finally talk about this with the player base and see it announced
And just to make sure everybody caught it, our goal was no explicitly harder bots -- they're smarter about the game but the difficulty should be in around the same area. We actually had to tone a few bots back to ensure that we kept things from getting out of hand (Tristana bot quadrakilling being the clearest example).
Thanks for the info, any chance at some sort of "Hard Mode"? If you are toning champs back, this seems feasible. Also with upgraded AI will there be less "cheating" by the bots? like automatically getting items, quicker res, etc

Aametherar

01-24-2012

Quote:
If that is the case, are there plans for a harder mode with champs like the tristana? As I mentioned as far as switching lanes late game/team fights the bots just don't do it, they trickle in one at a time instead of as a group, they don't jungle while waiting for other bots to gather etc.

@ the question about demand, definitely at lower lvls and lvl 30. I actually consider it an issue at below 30 that's killing the competitive side.

STDs Are Pokemon

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom23 View Post
Seriously? This is a waste of time, the leveling experience is impaired and not enhanced by bot games because by the time you finally play against people at level 30 then the level 30s like me who didn't play bot games are going to just roll you and you're going to hate LoL. I watched it happen to friends of mine.

There are many more areas that needed attention than this, from project shiny to a new map to the stealth remake and you guys focused your attention on bots?
There is a large player base that exclusively plays bot games. This is not just about leveling; this is about a significant portion of the LoL population and the enjoyment they get from the "PvE" experience.

Tyroki

01-24-2012

Sooo... are we getting the infamous Expert Mode you lot played before release? :3