Rise of the Bot Army: Expanded Co-op vs. AI

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wild Panic

01-24-2012

OMG THANK YOU RIOT! Like a dream come true ~ thanks for listening to the community!

TechnMage

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotYakaru View Post
Just wanted to chime in that it's nice to be able to finally talk about this with the player base and see it announced
And just to make sure everybody caught it, our goal was no explicitly harder bots -- they're smarter about the game but the difficulty should be in around the same area. We actually had to tone a few bots back to ensure that we kept things from getting out of hand (Tristana bot quadrakilling being the clearest example).
can we expect an "impossible" mode for those who want a real challenge? cuz that would be pretty fun

ThatGuyWithRobe

01-24-2012

Geez, finally (Not getting angry or anything)

before bots were always onslaughting beginner players, but suddendly with all the new champs, they just destroyed the bots

Annie bot = The nightmare

Soraka bot = spam a lot of stars

Shen bot = You are not getting that kill.....but kill me anyhow..

Nunu bot = Dat ult on teamfights

Ryze bot = Destroying players if ryze was protected by the tanks or support

Cho bot = Dat feast

Trundle, Renekton, Taric bot = Failing that much :l

Zylph

01-24-2012

Is there any plan on new maps for this year?

Aametherar

01-24-2012

One thing not mentioned is currently you can push one lane hard and the bots will trickle in 1 by 1 so you can kill one after another, I heard nothing on this being improved IE them gathering before hiting you, or even clearing jungle while waiting for other bots to get into position. I'd really like to see this change as it's more of a way to exploit the AI than the AI just not being good.

Buru Diman

01-24-2012

Its all cool and everything. But I believe bots will still be weaksauce compared to real players. But at least the bots dont go "gg noobs".
Also, Phreak blinks too much, its freaking me out.

Solterm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

yes!

Dèíty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Seriously? This is a waste of time, the leveling experience is impaired and not enhanced by bot games because by the time you finally play against people at level 30 then the level 30s like me who didn't play bot games are going to just roll you and you're going to hate LoL. I watched it happen to friends of mine.

There are many more areas that needed attention than this, from project shiny to a new map to the stealth remake and you guys focused your attention on bots?

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

01-24-2012

Ahahahahaha, **** YOU Twisted Treeline!
Again.

EpikMagikarp

01-24-2012

Awesome! Can't wait to see different bots as well as seeing them on Dominion too

Edit: No Tryndamere Bot? Wat