Rise of the Bot Army: Expanded Co-op vs. AI

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Sounds awesome.

Also, the link is broken...

HumperdinkLOA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

This is so great, I've always wondered when/if they were going to expand who the bots picked. I enjoy playing in a more relaxed environment, so i love bot play. You still can improve your skills, but everybody is not always shouting at each other LOL AND bots for dominion YAY i love that mode

Vermilion Bird

01-24-2012

Fine and all, but lets be honest: Phreak is UGLY like hell.

GrimsIey

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg911 View Post
This was not discussed in the video or the notes what-so-ever... the IP gains for bot games are very very minimal... are those going to be increased with the increased difficulty of the bot game?
Seriously? you're complaining about IP gain from a -BOT- game? wtf?

Justicar Soric

01-24-2012

i like the dominion bots, but do we really need to make them smarter? i've seen some people die a thousand times against the easy bots, making them tougher will just make those people die even more than before. like the expansion to the bot roster too

Zyrxil

01-24-2012

Suddenly 3v5 bot games aren't still a sure win.

Glyx

01-24-2012

now the only thing left to change is to implement full IP boosts when playing against bots

BeefJerkyHunter

01-24-2012

Looks like my easy first wins are going to take longer than 15 minutes.

FreestyleKneepad

01-24-2012

Extremely excited for this.

Sometimes I feel like spending 700 bucks on this game was almost worth it.

Most of the time I feel like an idiot, though.

Yakaru

Senior Software Engineer

01-24-2012
2 of 44 Riot Posts

Just wanted to chime in that it's nice to be able to finally talk about this with the player base and see it announced
And just to make sure everybody caught it, our goal was no explicitly harder bots -- they're smarter about the game but the difficulty should be in around the same area. We actually had to tone a few bots back to ensure that we kept things from getting out of hand (Tristana bot quadrakilling being the clearest example).