Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rise of the Bot Army: Expanded Co-op vs. AI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurningHeat

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Im hoping that bc they gonna make us work hard the xp and ip we get from matches against bots gonna increase bc spending alot of time to kick their ass for 25ip and 30xp would make me rage

Polaritie

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Unsurprisingly, the bot roster doesn't contain any of the champions considered to have an ultra-high skill cap...

Anivia? Nope, good luck coding Crystallize AI.
Nidalee? Possibly the most complicated decision tree EVER. Bot would be oom in no time.
Ezreal/Ahri? You want to decide how accurate the bot can be with pure-skillshot champs?

iEatEmoKidz

01-25-2012

RJCombo is cute :I

Dueliest

01-25-2012

Sample size 5 and set size 40 gives 658008 possible team compositions with no regard to repetition or sequence.

I'm just worried with bots ability to make decisions instantly and the fact that they do not hesitate, combined with an extremely high level of inter-champion communication, eventually they could become more apt then any human could possibly be.

Sladius

01-25-2012

i still wished they can jungle and counter jungle.

l Am The Doctor

01-25-2012

Riot please remove or increase the Co-op vs A.I limit for level 15 and above.
3 hours/180 min pass by so fast when LOLing.

Nobledarkmoon

01-25-2012

am looking forward to this

basic, beginner and intermediate are fine,
add an advanced category where the bots can have flash, have masteries and runes as well, not to mention the ability to ward.

They should add jungling to intermediate bots.

This would add, increasing challenges at each level of bots.

Having bots like shaco, twitch, teemo stealthy types in the intermediate and advanced sections would also up peoples skill ability. I dont think i stealthy types should be in the beginner category though.

IMO they should include a couple more stealthy types to the list.

KuranArialenne

01-25-2012

Will the bots also be available for custom games? TT Bots would also be nice, When can we expect that? Will the newer bots be put up as expert bots? will there be ip/exp improvements around the now more difficult bots?

Zastie

01-25-2012

Quote:
LuniKat:
oh shoot I'm so happy finally!! now if these bots are as good as they seem. Riot should work on replacing AFK's with bots. ><

I though this was a good idea at one point too untill you play a bot match, it would be better if they were AFK then have a silly bot running around feeding, they can't read chat for things like "baron" "ward river" "BD bot" "mia" "inc mid" ect. it would suck... Gank em' all day long.

SepticusSepticus

01-25-2012

Riot -
As a player who basically only plays co-op vs ai, let me thank you for this update, as well as for the posts that show you will continue to expand this mode in the future. Rest assured I will be purchasing more riot points as a show of support.

The only main suggestion I have at this point, is to please not forget twisted treeline, I would love to be able to play TT on this game mode. Keep up the good work!