Dear riot, Please fix camera on SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schellering

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by falln View Post
why are people downvoting this?

it really shouldnt be hard to flip the camera around so both sides have the option of seeing things from the blue side's perspective and from someone who plays on a touchpad (considerably easier to do on locked over unlocked btw) it would make AD bot on purple team a lot nicer
It's this community, it doesn't know what it really wants, so they go and downvote things rashly. pay it no mind

Schellering

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownVBS View Post
Back in early beta they did have this option; you could choose which way the camera was oriented for you! They took it out because it destroyed team communication. If I have the orientation flipped and you don't, then my "bot" is your "top" and suddenly a simple phrase like "farm top please" becomes a whole lot harder to deal with.

That said, I'm not sure the exact problem with just doing a complete reorientation for purple team so there is no choice, you always have the same view.
I could see that problem now that you mention it, but as long as you always label the baron side as top (those who flip the camera angle just have to get used to calling what they see bot as top)

Schellering

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
Stop trying to play with a locked camera.
I'm not playing with locked camera, and seriously, do you even understand?

Tepin

01-24-2012

As someone who often clicks the center wall when I'm trying to click towards the bottom of my screen and misses skill shots a a result I support this.

Tepin

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownVBS View Post
Back in early beta they did have this option; you could choose which way the camera was oriented for you! They took it out because it destroyed team communication. If I have the orientation flipped and you don't, then my "bot" is your "top" and suddenly a simple phrase like "farm top please" becomes a whole lot harder to deal with.

That said, I'm not sure the exact problem with just doing a complete reorientation for purple team so there is no choice, you always have the same view.
If just the camera is rotated and not the mini map then players can still have the same frame of reference with the map. All the lanes will remain the same on the map you'll just be looking at them from different angles.

DemonicMike

01-24-2012

Completely agree. I played this other moba game one time game called "Rise of Immortals," which was way worse than LoL, but at least it had the option to rotate the camera.

Schellering

01-25-2012

le bump