Mordekaiser is completely underestimated in bot lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

i dont remember anything shoving my Kayle out of lane yet when i takes smite exhaust
aside from ganks

SweetTooth

01-24-2012

Morde is alright but others can push him out easy. I have found success with a crit chance AD sion. It is kinda funny.

Nunkuruji

01-24-2012

If the enemy rotates down a problematic/counter bottom laner, your team has to be wise enough to match that counter.

Ghost isn't a complete waste on bottom lane. I've ghosted a ranged AD 1v1, to have him completely hold off a defender coming from fountain to be able to finish capping the bottom point. Kind of hilarious seeing them run.

When rotating from bottom to windmill/teamfights, you want to pair him with a heavy burster to extract a ghost ASAP. This is an obvious statement, but it's something to be aware of at champ select.

As far as contesting the health pack when doing revolver + boots, when you show up, there are more minions to siphon, so you can immediately be aggressive against the enemy bottom laner with the higher shield potential.

J4 isn't a typical appropriate bottom laner, so I don't think that's a fair comparison. Morde will still get at least a small farm advantage at bottom lane. As I alluded to originally, the team comp needs to be right to justifiably choose Morde, so it's certainly right to once again label him "hard to place".

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

I should say also, i did see morde completely dominate before too (but not against my kayle, i think i was on yi)

Isysar

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunkuruji View Post
If the enemy rotates down a problematic/counter bottom laner, your team has to be wise enough to match that counter.

Ghost isn't a complete waste on bottom lane. I've ghosted a ranged AD 1v1, to have him completely hold off a defender coming from fountain to be able to finish capping the bottom point. Kind of hilarious seeing them run.

When rotating from bottom to windmill/teamfights, you want to pair him with a heavy burster to extract a ghost ASAP. This is an obvious statement, but it's something to be aware of at champ select.

As far as contesting the health pack when doing revolver + boots, when you show up, there are more minions to siphon, so you can immediately be aggressive against the enemy bottom laner with the higher shield potential.

J4 isn't a typical appropriate bottom laner, so I don't think that's a fair comparison. Morde will still get at least a small farm advantage at bottom lane. As I alluded to originally, the team comp needs to be right to justifiably choose Morde, so it's certainly right to once again label him "hard to place".

Yah, my point is not to say that Morde is trash tier. He has some great things about him.

As for J4 bottom lane, I wasn't aware of this either, but in the NESL Dominion tournament, team Point Defense (Nekrogen's team) ran J4 bottom in 2 or 3 games with very impressive results. He can farm well, and can escape ganks with his flag + Q get away combo over the wall, or Cataclysm onto the ganker, flag + Q out, grab the health relic, and be gone while the ganker is stuck inside the ring.

You're definitely right about Morde needing an AP burst partner to extract a ghost. I've actually found Mordekaiser + Ryze with both of them having WotA to be a very potent force to deal with. Ryze just needs to get his snare off, and that target is most likely dead and in Morde's service.