Riot do something about unbalanced games...

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUMMONERBOJANGLE

Member

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichi View Post
"wouldn't you want a few minutes to get back in to the game since it wasn't your fault" WRONG this does NOT matter actually...

Because this happened to me and the entire team reported me... i was banned in the tribunal few days later....(there are a few more stats involved in this which i have no trouble admitting to but have not actually happened because this was recently after JUST being banned for the first time. I figured i had learned my lesson so i slowed down on the game's and didnt even play very many.. so this would have to have gone towards my tribunal cases)

SINCE the tribunal.. temporary bans.. are AUTOMATED... Which they have said....

it actually DOES NOT matter...

Yes.. I agree with OP..

If someone on your team is DCe'd for 5 minutes or so more it needs to fix your ELO loss.. it's not fair... and it does not even make sense that you sh ould be fairly losing anything
You guys wonder why reds dont respond to you.

NO, YOU ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT I AM A SPERGING ******* DONT LISTEN TO ME.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nathanphetamine

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmLoveEm View Post
but what about making a unfair game, not count as a ranked game anymore. When someone gets disconnected for a period longer then 5 minutes then there should be some kind of trigger going off witch makes the ranked game not count anymore, because now its like a luck game, if you are lucky you get a full team and if you are unlucky you get half a team, thats not what LoL is about.
this couldnt ever work due to the fact that if your team is losing just have someone quit so your friends dont lose elo, or your duo partner. it seems like a good idea on the surface but it has far to much potential for abuse


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reathien

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Anyone else remember what would happen in Wintergrasp in WOTLK WoW when the teams were uneven?
Tenacity, a stacking buff where when one team was undermanned they would gain +hp/dmg to counter act the lack of man power.
Imo it would be a good base idea to work with to counter act leavers/afk, say a 5% hp buff and a 5%ap/ad buff, seems like a viable buff, maybe 3mins past the time the person DC's or afks, the buff takes effect, to avoid people leaving later game for a few mins to help their carrys force a push and such.
Just an idea, thought it worked rather well in WoW, could prolly work well here


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleSin

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Regardless of the reason as to why a person is DCed or AFK in a game, I do not think the rest of the team has to suffer because of that one person. As mentioned a few times in this thread, I think ELO should be forgiven. I have lost HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of ELO just because of AFK/Leaver/DC/Whatever you want to call it games alone. Spending such a significant amount of time trying to recover ELO from unfair games is no reward, it is simply wasting time to return to where you belonged in the first place and offers little or no time to work towards getting better.

4 games this week with AFK/Leaver/DCs on my team and 0 so far on the enemy team. One of them the guy even said in team chat "I'm leaving" and he was our tank. People have said the probability of leavers is supposed to be even on both teams, but I feel like it never works out that way.

No matter how the solution is approached to resolving this, I think the punishment to the team for being stuck with circumstances you can't control should be removed. I feel like I am always being punished for something I can't do anything about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metaphisto

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulSoul4000 View Post
4 games this week with AFK/Leaver/DCs on my team and 0 so far on the enemy team. One of them the guy even said in team chat "I'm leaving" and he was our tank. People have said the probability of leavers is supposed to be even on both teams, but I feel like it never works out that way.
If you were to look at all the ranked games you would find that the numbers agree with the statement that every team has about the same chance to have a leaver on it. The problem you are seeing is that you are not taking every game ever played into account, just your own.

I do agree with you that this is a problem. At one point I lost 20 games in a row (not ranked luckily) because every game I played had a leaver on my team. After the 20th game I started seeing leavers on the other team. Unless you queue with a team made up of people you know and trust you must rely on luck to pair you with people who are similarly skilled (the matchmaking system isn't so good on this).

Before people rage I will explain why the matchmaking system is not so good. In a lot of games I have to tell people how to play, when to get dragon, baron, push towers, how to gank, and I even have to tell AD carries to last hit so the lane doesn't push to the tower. Since I am level 30 I play against and with level 30s. I don't mind giving people advice, but when the enemy team is doing everything without having to have someone take on the role of a teacher the system is not working that well. If the system was working well I would be paired with teammates who did not need me to teach them to play the game. This could also be my fault because at one point, like most other people, I was bad at the game. I lost a few games or have had the bad luck of losing several games in a row to leavers, afks, and trolls.

Quote:
I feel like I am always being punished for something I can't do anything about.
I wouldn't view it as punishment. Life is not fair and to want life to be fair is a waste of your time and energy. There are games that you cannot win or are not meant to win. You just have to accept it and move on.

I do think that there should be a system for good players, however. If you are polite, helpful, and friendly in game you get "reported" for being a good player, having good sportsmanship, etc. This flags you in the system (somehow) to be put with other people who have a similar attitude as you do. The people you are paired might still be idiotic, but at least they will be nice idiots.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGreenLighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-25-2012

Alright i have a question on how i can improve my elo... i started playing ranked to soon and now it is trashed i have lost game after game because of three reasons the first one is the most frequent 1. leavers every game someone leaves or afk's for usually about 5 min. during this time my team usually loses about two to three towers 2. Feeders or people who have no idea what there doing. this is tied for first my elo is 300 or about there so i see so many people who have no idea how to play... i do believe in the fact of elo hell on some basis. 3. trolls there are alot more of them in the lower elo's nothing i can do but report but i honestly do not see any results from reporting even though i do it alot.

if anyone has a idea on how i might be able to save my elo please help i dont want to have to wait till next season to play.. im a decent player and my skill level is way above my elo but i cant get there due to lack of better teammates


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squalleke123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadkingMatt View Post
Alright i have a question on how i can improve my elo... i started playing ranked to soon and now it is trashed i have lost game after game because of three reasons the first one is the most frequent 1. leavers every game someone leaves or afk's for usually about 5 min. during this time my team usually loses about two to three towers 2. Feeders or people who have no idea what there doing. this is tied for first my elo is 300 or about there so i see so many people who have no idea how to play... i do believe in the fact of elo hell on some basis. 3. trolls there are alot more of them in the lower elo's nothing i can do but report but i honestly do not see any results from reporting even though i do it alot.

if anyone has a idea on how i might be able to save my elo please help i dont want to have to wait till next season to play.. im a decent player and my skill level is way above my elo but i cant get there due to lack of better teammates
you should try being around 1200... I constantly get matched up with people playing their first couple of ranked games... This leads to loads of unexpected losses or wins


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGreenLighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalleke123 View Post
you should try being around 1200... I constantly get matched up with people playing their first couple of ranked games... This leads to loads of unexpected losses or wins
how do i get back up to about 1200 its not possible now... lol no matter how well i do i cant seem to win a game... which another thing i dont understand is when i do win one i still lose more elo than i win


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metaphisto

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Honestly, if your ELO is at 300 and you cannot make your way out you have to play the game more often and learn more. Download lolreplay and watch the games. What did you do wrong? How can you improve your play? Watch some of the more well known streamers and see how they play. Several of them even answer questions or explain why they make the choices they do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGreenLighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphisto View Post
Honestly, if your ELO is at 300 and you cannot make your way out you have to play the game more often and learn more. Download lolreplay and watch the games. What did you do wrong? How can you improve your play? Watch some of the more well known streamers and see how they play. Several of them even answer questions or explain why they make the choices they do.

I have and i am a way better player now then when i started obviously but i kinda figured it is to late guess ill just wait till next season whenever that is


123