Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seattlebadboy

01-23-2012

Not sure how to build yorick I tried tanky dps and I tried rushing manamune and/or Triforce but he does not seem very good as dominating as people make him out to be. The recommended is even worse, prospector's blade to ionian boots to spirit visage?

Most of the time I go Bottom and I usually push the lane but then their bottom either backs or calls for a gank and I usually die to two or three people. I mostly max E with with W as the second skill and one point in Q at level 4 and just spam ghouls and use the health packs to regen mana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

01-23-2012

Quote:
seattlebadboy:
Not sure how to build yorick I tried tanky dps and I tried rushing manamune and/or Triforce but he does not seem very good as dominating as people make him out to be. The recommended is even worse, prospector's blade to ionian boots to spirit visage?

Most of the time I go Bottom and I usually push the lane but then their bottom either backs or calls for a gank and I usually die to two or three people. I mostly max E with with W as the second skill and one point in Q at level 4 and just spam ghouls and use the health packs to regen mana.

If two or three people are coming bot, then you're doing the right thing. The key is to not die to the gank and survive long enough on your point for your team to get there or to do something else useful.

Many people say that yorick should max E and W. I don't say those people are wrong, I just say that I have not found that to be personally useful. I like maxing q first. Also, I love ionian boots. I weep bitter tears whenever there's too much CC on the other team to get it. Yorick lives and dies by CDR. I am not a manamune fan, it is a freaking awesome item but you take a large hit in early/mid game power. I like to dominate early, forcing people to constantly send 2 people bot.

Here's how I play:
ArP red (can get mpen...no real preference)
Armor/level seals
Mr/level glyphs
Quints (MS or Health)
Offensive masteries. Some in Defense if you prefer.

Ghost/Promote
Q>W>E>R
QQW to begin with.
<Switch to Q>R>W if you run into sustain problems>.

Start with prospectors blade, boots, and 2 pots. Try and get some W minions onto the enemy before they even get to the minion wave. Use Q on either the enemy champ or minions. If the enemy doesn't want to get Q'd then just keep farming and try and maintain control over the middle health. Push the minion wave. If they don't have garrison, whip out the promoted minion once you have a good amount of minions. Try and harass them whenever they try and hurt big daddy minion.

From here on in my general plan is to keep the wave pushed enough so that their bot is always in danger of getting minion capped.

Early game Build:

I like ionians, Sheen, and a kindlegem as my first item goals of the match. SV isn't the world's best item but it's cheap and it provides a lot for it's cheapness. That said, I won't likely finish the SV unless I'm starting to worry about MR.

I do like triforce but I find that I do not finish it every game. Often I get the sheen and rely on that for a bulk of my damage. You should be able to work your ghouls in a fight to do some nasty sheen damage.

Your maximal damage rotation is: autoattack, Q(swingtimer resetattack), W, sheen auto attack, e, sheen autoattack

With CDR you'll be able to Q again after that last sheen autoattack.

This brings up the point that correct timing of sheen proccs and Q resets (a skill I have yet to master or even really attempt to master) is really what makes the potential of the triforce build so powerful.

Mid Game build:

Usually I can't get away with getting ionian boots because of the need for merc treads, so here I will likely get a glacial shroud. Alternatively, I'll get some MR or a Health item and thornmail, depending on the game. Mid game is when I try and build my tank gear and start accumulating Triforce parts. An alternative would be to get an IE for nuking power. I find this leads me to getting killed in ganks but it is extremely fun to pubstomp with.

Late game build:

This is a **** shoot. It really depends on enemy team comp. Although my build philosophy is to have a full build at 11k. For this reason, my build favors cost-effective items (such as the previous mentioned spirit visage). If you have a great game you can switch in a power item.

Triforce, Prosblade, merc treads, SV, Thornmail, and health item would be a fairly common build for me. SV gets traded out for a higher MR item if the situation calls for it.

Hope some of this diatribe helps.