Why Twisted Treeline is a Joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vexinity

08-10-2012

I would have to agree with some points.

david12341

08-10-2012

bump, and riotnome is my new favorite red

Yago Xiten

08-10-2012

I personally prefer Twisted Treeline over all other maps. For a great deal of reasons. First, due to the small map size, it tends to feel far more fast paced. Second, the gameplay tends to involve smaller drawn out skirmishes and kiting rather than large, quick, climactic team fights. Third, it has some very interesting team compositions that otherwise would work poorly, which allows for more diversity in game-play.

That said, I can think of a number of problems with the map that could easily be fixed.

First off, as many Twisted Treeline players note, it's very possible to drag the game out and turtle and win by sitting in your summoner platform and preventing targets from destroying your Nexus Turret. Seriously, I'm sure we're all tired of Blitzcrank, Skarner, Gragas, Rammus, Shen, and Orianna drawing the game out with their pulls.This is especially easy on the Blue side, as many have noted that the Nexus Obelisk has much longer range there.

In addition, a much more frustrating thing to play against is players who exclusively focus the Nexus Turret. Often times, teams builds exclusively tanks and bruisers in Twisted Treeline. This makes them especially skilled at ignoring the opposing team whilst they focus the Nexus Turret. After all, once that turret falls, it's almost guaranteed that team will lose. It is nearly impossible to stop a player from using Flash to go over the wall and then take out the Nexus, and it's also nearly impossible to stop a team from, again, ignoring your team whilst they destroy your Nexus.

Another annoying way they can win the game is by kiting you around your Nexus as they kill it. Certain champions, such as Ashe, can kite you in a circle around your Nexus as they whittle it's health down. They are not forced to commit to a fight to win, and as such, even a winning team with a massive advantage can quickly be defeated by the poor map design.

I've thought of at least one way this could be helped of unique changes that would also help distinguish 3v3 as a more legitimate game mode:

First off, move the summoner platform significantly back away from the Nexus. It prevents a lot of the Nexus Obelisk abuse.

Second, the Nexus could have a turret in the middle of it's area that fires attacks like a normal turret. Whilst this turret is activated, the Nexus itself is invulnerable, and regenerates.

Enemies can deactivate the turret by right clicking on it. Unlike in Dominion, however, the turret will not stop attacking--though it's attacks will not cause the champion to interrupt his channel. Only damage caused by other champions will interrupt the champion deactivating the turret. Enemy minions will also attack this turret, helping the champions capture, as in Dominion.

Once the turret is deactivated, the Nexus is free to be attacked as normal--no different than it is now.

If the turret is deactivated, its allies may channel to reactivate it. While they are attempting to activate the turret again, the Nexus is invulnerable to damage, though it will not regenerate. Until the turret is fully charged it will not attack. This channeling is, again, broken by champion damage only. Allied minions will not help reactivate the turret.

Deactivating the turret takes about 45/30/15 seconds (based upon the number of champions channeling), that is also lowered by minions.

Reactivating the turret would take about 90/75/60 seconds (based upon the number of champions channeling.)

This prevents the enemy team from merely focusing your Nexus Turret and Nexus, and it allows a team without a Nexus Turret to have a chance at victory again, without allowing for too much rubber-banding.

Of course, it'd require testing, etc. and I'm sure there are better solutions (merely rearranging the positioning of the Nexus etc. could work too, for example), but I think a feature unique to Twisted Treeline would help it out.

Just a little bit of two-cents, I suppose. Mostly to bump the thread.

SUPER GLUER

08-11-2012

Ranked TT needs more bans, and a way to counter base camping, its silly seeing how the matches go for 55minutes unless one team gets steamrolled.

Solzan Nemesis

08-13-2012

Bump for my favored map.

Swiftcarp

09-11-2012

Casual bump.

Zalotone

09-12-2012

Another great reason for the Nexus turret and Nexus to be switched would be so people could just flash into base and still easily avoiding turret aggro.

IloveHairyBushes

09-12-2012

Agreed

JJ107X

09-27-2012

Bump!

Cyjack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

I've played TT for awhile and I think that a majority of ehh troll-like builds can actually work.