Ganking as Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shawmen

01-23-2012

I have trouble knowing when to gank as as mid ap carry.

Any tips ?
I know to try at lvl 6 but im to busy farming.

Is it better to sit in lane and farm or actually spend time trying to gank top and bot.
If so when do i gank ?

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

You can gank when the other laner is forced to back and you still have reasonable hp and mana, and your minions are pushing the turret. Feel free to jump out of sight if the enemy is pushing a lane (aka bot or top) and see how they react. If they don't, feel free to gank them then or in the future.

In general if I am ahead or have lost my turret I gank more frequently.

Tyrang

01-23-2012

I think if you dominates the lane, with like 2 kills, you can push the lane up when the enemy laner is gone or die, then go for a quick gank. It is really **** hard to catch up in mid if you get 2 kills.

I think ganking is necessary when the other lanes are losing but you are winning. Technically that is how you should carry the game as mid since AP mid usually put out the most dmg early game, contrary to the bot ranged AD.

Amoc

01-23-2012

I would say there's not really any 'rules' when you should or shouldn't gank, other than perhaps trying to do it when your tower is safe and when you've a strong chance of surviving and coming out with a kill. I usually play mid and I try and gank any time I see the top or bottom over extending and I know my lane opponent doesn't have direct vision on me to warn his team.

Shawmen

01-23-2012

Thanks

Bossob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Usually, gank when you've already pushed up to their tower/when they are going back/when they are dead. (unless you have Teleport or a high mobility champion like Kassadin)