Need Advice for Bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Abbot

01-23-2012

I play mostly solo queue and am trying to get better at bot lane, and am looking for general advice for playing against the following characters:

• Heimerdinger
  • Yorick
  • Singed
  • Maokai
I tend to play tanky champs or ap casters. At my (probably low) elo, help from the team at bot is almost non-existent so there's no counting on ganks or any other form of team support.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

draft or blind? its much easier to say it in draft

heim = smite
yorick = sivir is my choice (spell shield mainly, and fast clear of his ghouls)
singed = just be careful when he run up to you and fling you, range harass
maokai = sustain ranged bot lane, move out of his ult

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Heimer is slow and squishy. Nearly any gank from anyone should end in his death. I've won against him a few times by playing hyperaggressive early.

Bad Abbot

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
draft or blind? its much easier to say it in draft

heim = smite
yorick = sivir is my choice (spell shield mainly, and fast clear of his ghouls)
singed = just be careful when he run up to you and fling you, range harass
maokai = sustain ranged bot lane, move out of his ult
Mostly draft. However, if I'm near the top of the pick list I don't necessarily get to counter-pick the other team's bot lane.

Yaladilae

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Abbot View Post
Mostly draft. However, if I'm near the top of the pick list I don't necessarily get to counter-pick the other team's bot lane.
if they pick bot after you picked, and your team force you to bot, tell someone to trade with you

or else, good luck and have fun

Bad Abbot

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
Heimer is slow and squishy. Nearly any gank from anyone should end in his death. I've won against him a few times by playing hyperaggressive early.
Unfortunately, at my elo, nobody really helps the bot lane so I can't depend on my team ganking. Bot lane is 1 v 1 most of the game.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Abbot View Post
Unfortunately, at my elo, nobody really helps the bot lane so I can't depend on my team ganking. Bot lane is 1 v 1 most of the game.
His armor is horrid. So if you're playing an AD bot, go for an early kill. It depends on a lot (your masteries, his masteries), but if your minions are tanking his turrets, Heimer is open to be smacked.

Basoosh

01-23-2012

For Heimer, champions with long range abilities are quite good at clearing out his turrets. I've had really good lopsided matchups as Sivir, Cass, and Caitlyn against him. Clear his turrets, and harass when able. Without his turrets, it's really easy to push against him and/or outright kill him. Melees generally have the most trouble against him.

For Yorick, well, he's considered the god of bot lane by many. I've had the most success against him as ranged ADs, especially Sivir (as Yaladilae said). Once you get your lifesteal engine online, you can actually heal off of his ghouls. Just don't die early.

For Singed, I've always found he crumbles hard to ranged harass, especially if you have some kind of hard CC to add in there. Ryze works really nicely against him. Chunk him with harass whenever he gets near the creeps, and if he tries to go in against you, just snare him and continue kiting. I think Singed is actually a rather poor choice for bot lane overall.

For Maokai, turbo pushing seems to work alright. He can clear waves alright with his Saplings, but many champions can push faster. If your opposing Maokai levels Sapling Toss first, you can get in and be very aggressive against him early game. Wait for him to burn Sapling Toss on minions and dive in there. He'll be without his major damage skill for a pretty long window. And like Yaladilae said (again), don't fight him in his ult if it can be helped. Most of the time, you can just calmly walk out of it.

PhreakInfinity

01-23-2012

Yorick is someone I spend a lot of time playing bot so basically the best way to counter him is with champions that do damage in a line. That way you kill his ghouls and poke him.

Champions like sivir or lux.

BigDaddyRelish

01-23-2012

Soraka is extremely good vs the champs you listed. Champs like Maokai will be able to resist you but you'll be able to pretty much outpressure everyone else.

Caitlyn is another great bot that you can go far with. Camp out in the brush, get an Ionic Spark sometime early on, and just pushpushpushpushpushpushpushpush. When you get farmed you can outright just kill most opponents in duels.

Those are good bots to look into. Granted, some other bots do beat the two I mentioned, but you should do alright with those two at least.

Or you could just pick Urgot and roll over everyone.