the new "jungle"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winkyy

01-23-2012

With the old jungle there was time in your route where you could gank w/o being punished but now if you gank the risk/gain is much bigger because you will be missing out on gold & xp if you decide to gank. God forbid your gank fails, you fall behind.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

One of Riot's goals was to force junglers to decide whether or not to gank at given times because of the fast timers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgIZCij-dw Look from 1:30 to 2:40 ; Riot states their goals for the new jungle (this is the volibear patch preview)

One of the benefits of the new jungle is that an experienced player who knows that <insert champ name> clears in <insert time> will no longer know when that hero is going to gank, leading to a more dynamic playstyle.

Misticaltom

01-24-2012

I'm a fan of the jungle, it spices things up a buncha. Twitch and Eve junglers poping out, a crazy WW is less common, yet i see plenty who kick m but if i'm not playing a faster camp,because having a WW or Shaco counter jungle you is like having a 5 year old kick you in the shins repeatedly while trying to play Street figher at the arcade agianst your mortal enemy, aka your brother.

back to the topic, The changes make ganking really early or really late higher than 0, you once agian have suprise on yours ide, and thats what ganking is all about.

Winkyy

01-24-2012

Ganking isn't the issue. The issue is the HUGE xp gap between your top & mid lanes, and eventually your bot lanes. Junglers are scaling into late games much worse which is why tanking junglers are becoming more common, imo. This is because you can't really do too much as a dps jungler when youre 2 levels under everybody where as a tank you still have full utility...